Finally, the battle will begin! We’re excited to announce that pre-orders are now available for Chivalry 2 on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5. Both versions come with a guaranteed spot in the Cross-Play Closed Beta from April 23-26.
The Chivalry 2 Closed Beta is guaranteed with all game pre-orders and will be available on April 23, 2021 at 10:00 a.m. PT / 6:00 p.m. BST / 7:00 p.m. CEST. To download it to your PlayStation 4 or PlayStation 5 system, visit the Chivalry 2 page on PlayStation Store, and simply add the beta to your library.
To celebrate the news, we bring you this special animated trailer that reveals the motivations behind the Agatha Knights – one of the two factions you’ll play in Chivalry 2 with the Order of Masons.
Buy Chivalry 2 on PlayStation 4 and you’ll get a free upgrade to the PlayStation 5 version.
Chivalry 2 is enhanced for PlayStation 5 and features 4K visuals and adaptive DualSense controller triggers and haptics. Some examples:
- On the left trigger, holding the block becomes more difficult as your stamina decreases
- The right trigger will increase the pressure for the bows when you hold the string
- Localized haptic feedback on strikes lets you feel where every hit lands
Chivalry 2 is a first-person multiplayer slasher launched on June 8 that immerses players in the epic of medieval warfare. Take part in massive 64-player battles on a variety of maps that seem straight out of the best medieval movies of all time. Whether you besiege a walled town to assassinate the heir to the throne, or set a village on fire while the peasants (and chickens) cry out in protest – in Chivalry 2 you will use the freedom of traditional control of FPS style to become a steel whirlwind on the battlefield.
Our Torn Banner Studios team is made up of industry veterans as well as members of the original Chivalry: Medieval Warfare (2012) development team. Chivalry 2 began development in 2017 and we’re excited to finally launch the full game in June 2021.
The Cross-Play Closed Beta (April 23-26) will be a global test with servers available worldwide.
Here’s a look at what you can try in the Cross-Play Closed Beta:
- Go to war in The Siege of Rudhelm, an epic map in Team Objective mode that lets you protect or invade an entire city and its castle
- Keep up the fight in more Team Objectives, Team Deathmatch, and Free-for-All maps
- Find Your Form: Play as 12 subclasses ranging from Skirmisher (melee / ranged hybrid fighter) to Poleman (fighter that keeps opponents away with long melee range)
- Cut your teeth into a comprehensive tutorial – learn all the techniques from the book.
The full version will include all of the above – and more. In total, you’ll battle five unique maps in Team Objective Mode, which are sprawling, multi-tiered levels where attackers must successfully complete each stage or risk the full game ending early. Lay siege to entire cities in this mind-blowing game mode that truly feels like full-scale all-out war.
Chivalry 2 when fully released will also have three additional full-sized maps to conquer in traditional Team Deathmatch and Free-for-all modes. But the conflict will not end there! Much, much more content will be added after launch, including more maps, weapons, and game modes.
As the battle approaches, here are five tips for a successful Cross-Play Closed Beta:
- Swing with your hips, not your eyes! Think of the reticle as the direction of your character’s hips. When swinging a weapon, you can turn your hips to accelerate in one hit.
- You can hold a block if you feel overwhelmed – but make sure to aim your block at your enemy’s hit point in order to parry, then strike back and gain the advantage.
- Look around you. Use interactive traps including spikes, bear traps, chandeliers and more to kill your enemy without even hitting your swords.
- No fight is complete without a bit of a joke. Scroll through the voice line and emoticon menus to shout out hundreds of hilarious character voice lines on demand.
- Are you feeling desperate? Throw your weapon at the enemy, then collect whatever you can find around you to use as a makeshift tool of death. How about a wagon wheel, a giant tree branch, or even a full-size church bell? Everything is fine.
Forward to glory!