Marvel’s Avengers is having an exciting month thanks to the long-awaited release of its first additional character: Kate Bishop. So far it’s unclear if the new content has helped attract new players or win back those who left, but the engaged community appears to be responding well to the quality and size of the new content.
Following up on the Kate Bishop patch, Marvel’s Avengers is back this week with another update. Although the Cloning Labs content is nowhere to be found, Patch 14.1 on December 15 introduces a new minor feature and addresses a long list of existing bugs, including combat enhancements, some early Kate fixes, and Hive matchmaking. Mission.
The most exciting part of the patch for most players will likely be the new minor artifacts. These new items – two ISO-8s and two Norn Stones – have some fun new perks worth pursuing. ISOs can be dropped in both Drop Zones and DNA Chests or by looting the first completion of the Super-Adaptoid fight. Norn Stones, on the other hand, can only be found in DNA Chests or as a reward for the first completion of the Super-Adaptoid fight.
The full patch notes are below:
- New Hero: Kate Bishop (at no additional cost) – Check out the “Everything You Need to Know About Kate Bishop” blog for more information on how to unlock Kate, along with explanations of her abilities.
- Marvel’s Avengers New Operation: Kate Bishop – Let’s Ditch AIM (No Additional Cost).
- Note: Hero ops introduced with Kate Bishop: Let’s Ditch AIM are not compatible with random matchmaking. However, players can invite their friends to play the co-op operation from an outpost or the Quinjet.
- New Aesthetic Improvements: Kate Bishop’s Hero Challenge Card.
- Possibility of activating and deactivating demolition.
- High contrast mode: available in the settings menu.
CAMPANA MEETING AND AVENGERS INITIATIVE
- Fixed a rare issue that would freeze cinematics during the transition from Hulk to Captain America in “The Light That Failed.”
- Fixed an issue that caused missions to sometimes target multiple regions on the War Table.
- Fixed an issue that caused Alisande Morales to disappear from substation zero.
- Fixed an issue that caused Kamala Khan to fall into the Hulk chase sequence in “The Way Back”.
- Fixed an issue where teammates would not attempt to revive a downed Captain America at the end of the game.
- Fixed an issue that would leave teammates behind after players loaded the match against Taskmaster.
- Fixed an issue where teammates were locked behind closed doors.
- The second wave of drones now correctly enters the room in “Home Visit”.
- Fixed an issue that prevented Captain America from speaking in the final cut-scene of “Global Presence”.
- “Identity Theft”: Correct voice recording for Morales is played upon returning to the outpost.
- Fixed a rare issue in “On the Trail of Olympia” that caused the Hulk to jump and stand on Abomination, preventing him from fighting the Abomination and blocking progress.
- Fixed an issue where switching from a profile in the main menu to an account with no saved games would prevent A-Day from progressing into a new campaign.
- Fixed an issue that caused crashes when the player selected Faction Missions multiple times.
- Fixed a rare issue that prevented some players from interacting with the War Table.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Hulk to disappear as a companion in a war zone.
- Fixed multiple instances of characters getting stuck on terrain.
- Fixed multiple instances of players, teammates, and non-player characters exiting the world.
- We fixed various bugs and black screen problems.
MULTIPLAYER AND MATCHMAING
- Fixed an issue in Tachyon Rift: “Spider’s Hour” that caused the quest to fail for the remaining players if the host switched after completing the first objective.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Tachyon Rift timer to sometimes respawn on the Quinjet.
- Fixed an issue in “Red Radiance” that caused Kamala’s hits on yellow targets to sometimes fail to register before entering the elevator.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Tachyon quest: “Escape” to display more than one marked region on the War Table.
- Fixed issues with AI companions in Elevators when the host changed.
- Fixed a rare issue that caused a black screen to appear for a long time after completing a mission.
- Fixed an issue that caused players to face the wrong direction when reloading at a checkpoint.
- Fixed a rare issue in multiplayer where after reloading at a checkpoint, doors that were already opened or destroyed would appear closed.
- Fixed an issue that caused a host to be unable to matchmaking again with a raid party they had just left if the raid party was formed by invites or players joining.
- Player matchmaking no longer fails for party members if the host closes the game after failing a mission.
- Stability improvements for multiplayer.
ART AND ANIMATION
- Thor’s “Unworthy” outfit now features short hair.
- The MODOK Codex now correctly unlocks when defeated by players.
- The codex “Manhattan Evacuation Zone” can now be obtained by completing “Chaos Over Manhattan.”
- Fixed an issue that sometimes prevented icons from appearing to destroy doors or walls.
- Fixed various high contrast mode UI issues.
- We have removed the ability to use alerts while flying to prevent incorrect marker placement.
- Market items in the locked section can be purchased from that screen without going to the market.
- We update the visual prompts when objects are upgraded and dismantled to reduce errors and indicate what action is being taken.
- Clearer visual prompts on Ops Mission icons on the War Table and on UI items (now flashing).
- Various corrections in texts and subtitles.
- We fixed several bugs in the localization of texts in different languages.
- Thor no longer becomes inactive in some cases when a match ends.
- Companions no longer suddenly run into place during combat.
- Electric Dogs no longer display an invisible shield.
- Abomination no longer strikes a pose during combat.
- Dreadbots are no longer inactive after taking heavy damage.
- Deflecting the yellow hit indicator on cryogenic adaptoids now unbalances them, as intended, and applies the perfect deflection debuff.
- Fixed an issue that resulted in teammates not reviving a downed player.
- Fixed an issue that caused Ultimate Skillful Synth Scatter shots to hit players even if they dodged them correctly.
- Captain America’s Intrinsic Rejuvenation now works properly.
- Dreadbots now correctly receive status effects from player attacks.
- Fixed an issue that prevented Kamala’s specialized takedowns from triggering when initiating a takedown while enlarged.
TEAM, CHALLENGES AND REWARDS
- Fixed a crash that occurred when exchanging gear at the War Table.
- Fixed an issue where loot rewards did not match the power level required for the quest.
- Threat Sector loot has better rewards at high power levels.
- Hives grant more specific rewards and can contain epic named gear sets.
- Minor adjustments to current figures to complete challenges.