Since the beginning of February, the players of Apex Legends have been able to enjoy all kinds of news. Courtesy of season 8, the geography of the Canyon of the Kings was again modified and users of Apex Legends were able to play with the latest debutant legend: Fuse. As if that wasn’t enough, they also enjoyed limited-time events –the game’s 2 anniversary Y Chaos theory– and various quality of life improvements.
Now, Respawn Entertainment has revealed that it will close season 8 of Apex Legends by means of a new event: War games. Here’s what has been revealed about it.
What will War Games consist of?
Hosted by Mad Maggie, the War Games will consist of a playlist with never-before-seen modifiers. Users will be able to get new rewards.
When will War Games event start in Apex Legends?
The War Games playlist will replace the standard playlist from April 13.
- Second opportunity – In this modifier, each legend will have one free respawn per game. It should be noted that they will not be able to unlock the Assassin, Awakening, or Fury badges when this modifier is active. It will be active between April 13 and 15
- Ultrazones – In this modifier, there will be multiple hot spots spread across the map. These areas will be surrounded by conflict points, bubbles that will recharge the players’ health points. It will be active between April 15 and 19.
- Automatic flags – In this modifier, squadmates’ flags will be automatically retrieved. This way, allies of a downed player will only need to go to a respawn beacon to revive them. It will be active between April 19 and 21.
- Killing time – In this modifier, the game time will be shortened each time a legend dies. It will be active between April 21 and 23.
- Armor regeneration – In this modifier, the armor of the legends will regenerate at a rate of 12 points per second. If they take damage, the armor will begin to regenerate with a delay of 8 seconds. This will turn in 16 seconds if the armor cracks. If the armor is destroyed, it cannot be recovered. It will be active between April 23 and 27.
What rewards can be obtained?
War Games is coming with a new cosmetic rewards registry. These include the epic skins for weapons Rampart Y 30-30, plus new skins for the following legends: Pathfinder, Wraith, Lifeline, Gibby, Mirage Y Bloodhound.
Like other events, players will be able to earn up to 1000 points per day by completing challenges. Some will award users with four unique badges. Since these challenges also stack with the Battle Pass, they can both be completed at the same time.
Apex Legends is available for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, Steam, and Origin.
Fountain: official page of Electronic Arts