One month ago, the development team of Ghost Recon Breakpoint announced that the game will receive new content throughout 2021. One of these will be the 4.0.0 update, which will improve the player’s experience with AI companions and will implement a number of functions. However, at that time it was not specified what they would be about.
Fortunately, a new trailer presents in detail the new features that this update will add. Not least, it reveals when it will be available to all players.
When will update 4.0.0 be available? Ghost Recon Breakpoint?
The 4.0.0 update of Ghost Recon Breakpoint It will be available on May 25.
What’s new in the update?
With update 4.0.0, teammates will have a team level that will be measured by a common experience bar. To get it, they will only have to play with the AI companions. They will also earn team experience when they perform actions that grant experience – such as kills, revives, and timed shots – on specific team missions. As they level up, AI companions will be able to unlock upgrades.
A total of 14 upgrades can be unlocked, including three unique active abilities:
- Piercing Shot: Vasily will fire a special shot that deals massive damage to the target. He will only use this ability against enemy drones and vehicles.
- Scanner: Fury will detect all nearby enemies and communicate his position to the unit.
- Combat drone: Fixit will deploy a combat drone that will automatically target the closest enemy.
Through update 4.0.0, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint It will also feature a new list of challenges that will award team experience and cosmetic rewards. Completing these challenges will allow players to unlock new rewards.
The level system is not the only improvement that will incorporate the update 4.0.0 of Ghost Recon Breakpoint. The development team will also implement new features:
- Manage drive size – Players will be able to activate or deactivate AI companions of Ghost Recon Breakpoint individually, so your unit will have as many members as they want.
- Customize your Rainbow Six companions – Players will be able to customize the appearance and primary weapon of Rainbow Six companions. The only non-modifiable options will be body features and headwear.
- Hide secondary weapon from AI companions – Players of Ghost Recon Breakpoint They will be able to hide the secondary weapon from their companions. When hidden, it will only be displayed during synchro shots and when using this feature.
- Disable AI Companion Skills – New abilities included in the update and Rainbow Six abilities can be disabled in the settings.
- Night Vision Goggle Animation for AI Companions – If the AI colleagues of Ghost Recon Breakpoint have night vision goggles equipped, they will play the animation at the same time as the player.
What bugs does the 4.0.0 update fix? Ghost Recon Breakpoint?
To see all the bugs that the 4.0.0 update fixes, just follow this link.
Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint is available for PS5, Xbox Series X / S, Xbox One, PS4, PC, and Stadia. If you have not read our review, we recommend following this link.