Hello PlayStation fans! Since launching our free Share Factory Studio editing app for PS5 with the launch of the console, we’ve worked hard to continue to improve the console editing experience – so gamers can bring life to life. creatively and share their epic gaming moments. We’re happy to announce some new updates we’ve made to Share Factory for PS5, which will be available starting today.
First of all, a feature our community has requested – an increase in the number of clips for your tracks. Below is the new number of clips you can expect to see for your Share Factory Studio projects:
- Extracts from track 1 increased from 50 to 100
- Track 1 transitions increased from 49 to 99
- Music tracks have been changed from 12 to 24
- Clips for track 2 changed from 10 to 20
We’ve also improved the overall editing experience – here’s a roundup of the updates released today for Share Factory Studio on PS5:
- A new look for Track 2 with upholstery now available as well as additional support for layouts and frames.
- Support for HDR screenshots.
- Improved track visualization with Track 1 and Track 2 now with icons indicating if your clip is in HD, 4K and / or HDR.
- Improved handling of clips and screenshots and integration with media gallery, allowing you to sort your videos and screenshots by favorites that you have marked.
These new updates will improve on current features already available on the Share Factory Studio app for PS5 – for example, you can now create videos up to 4K resolution at 60 fps with HDR support. like 4K / HDR 60fps support for high quality Creator Packs video clips, music tracks, transitions and stickers, as well as support for Sound FX.
It’s been seven years since we launched SHAREfactory for PS4 in April 2014, and we’re delighted to see the commitment and support of the PlayStation community for this feature. The idea for SHAREfactory was born when we discovered the video recording feature that was launch on PS4, as well as the innovative first Share button on the DualShock 4 wireless controller.
Many of our team have previous experience in game development, and a few of us have experience in video editing and media design as well. As gamers ourselves, we thought the PlayStation community would have fun creating personalized videos to share with their friends, so we thought it would be rather interesting to create a video editing app that gamers could use. directly from their PS4. Once the idea formed, shortly after the birth of SHAREfactory, we were blown away by the creativity and the way gamers have been using the app ever since. Since then, we’ve listened to feedback from the PlayStation community and incorporated continuous improvements and improvements to SHAREfactory over the years to make the editing experience smooth for gamers.
We hope you enjoy the new updates to Share Factory Studio on PS5, and we look forward to seeing even more creative gaming moments from the community. Good editing!