We are on the eve of the birth of a new generation of consoles. In a few hours it will go on sale on Xbox Series X, and on the 16th of the current month, PlayStation 5. In view of this, many wonder, who wins from Xbox Series X vs PS5?
This guide aims to describe the differences between each of these machines. What is clear is that the new systems of Microsoft Y Sony they are quite competitive with each other.
Xbox Series X vs PS5, a battle that seems closed
So we are going to see in the smallest possible way what each of these platforms offers, both on a technical level and what is most important. What do we mean? Well, to video games, which are the core of this electronic entertainment medium.
However, there are other things to consider, such as its price, which at the outset and as expected, is somewhat high. So we better go in parts:
Bad news: you won’t be able to expand PS5 storage at launch
– Power: When this point is addressed in Xbox Series X vs PS5, the first one wins. Are 12 teraflops against little more than 10 teraflops. However, the numbers alone don’t say much. It depends on how they are used.
– Price: PlayStation 5 has a model that is worth $ 499 dollars, and a digital one that costs $399. Regarding the Xbox Series X, the model X worth the same as a PS5, Y S just $299 u $8,500 pesos in Mexico. But the latter is weaker.
– Speed of storage: In the battle of Xbox Series X vs PS5, the second SSD gains in speed allowing for shorter load times. What affects X it is your internal bandwidth, a ‘bottleneck’.
– Controls: DualSense is the latest technology in controls for PS5, which features zone vibration, microphone, horn, and more. Instead, the X only has one D-pad more efficient and button Share. It is a little short of news.
– Capacity: in this case of Xbox Series X vs PS5, win the platform Microsoft. Has an SSD of 1TB, while that of Sony It is 825GB. Even discounting what their operating systems use, X has more. Although we remember that the Series S model only has about 360GB available.
– Compatibility: All controls Xbox One work with its successor, while in the case of the PlayStation 5, that of PS4 it only works with backward compatible games and nothing else.
– Backward compatibility: Xbox Series X wins, as it is not only compatible with titles from the Xbox One, but also with practically all games of Xbox 360 and even the first Xbox. On the other hand the PS5 it is only directly with those of the PS4. The bookstores of PS3, PS2 Y PS they are not contemplated.
– Initial Catalog: PS5 h as the upper hand in exclusives, such as Spider-Man Miles Morales
– Sound: Basically, the 3D sound of PS5 with audio technology 3D Tempest gives you an advantage. The Xbox Series X It also stands out for its sound options, but to take advantage of them you need additional equipment.
– Cloud Service: In this battle Xbox Series X vs PS5, the first one already has a free save service in the cloud. That is automatically and at no cost. Instead, with the second you have to have Playstation plus.
Additionally, Project xCloud could soon arrive in Latin America.
Microsoft and Sony consoles for the technical section
As a summary, the following are the technical data of each of these consoles. Here it should be noted that these numbers are impressive at first glance. But as we’ve hinted before, it depends on how studios take advantage of these features to make their games.
So they should only be taken as a reference, but not as something that will be decisive in the long term:
– Power: PS5 (10.28 teraflops) – Xbox Series X (12 teraflops).
– Processor: PS5 (AMD Zen 2, 8 núcleos @3.5 GHz) – Xbox Series X (AMD Zen 2, 8 núcleos @3.8 GHz).
– Graphic Unit: PS5 (36 CUs RDNA 2 @2.23 GHz) – Xbox Series X (52 CUs RDNA 2 @1.825 GHz).
– RAM: PS5 (16 GB GDDR6 @448 GB/s) – Xbox Series X (16 GB GDDR6 [10 GB @560 GB/s + 6 GB @336 GB/s]).
– Storage: PS5 (825 GB NVME SSD) – Xbox Series X (SSD NVME de 1TB).
– Storage Speed: PS5 (5.5 GB/s [sin comprimir], 8-9 GB/s [comprimido]) – Xbox Series X (2.4 GB/s [sin comprimir], 4.8 GB/s [comprimido]).
– Format: Both use discs 4K UHD Blu-Ray.
– Services: PS5 (PS More Y PS Now) – Xbox Series X (Xbox LIVE Gold Y Xbox Game Pass).
Video games, what matters most to all gamers
It’s time to see the launch games involved in this initial battle between Xbox Series X vs PS5. As we mentioned before, when it comes to exclusives, the platform of Sony. The titles that are on your side are the following:
Astro’s Playroom, Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, Borderlands 3, Bugsnax, Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War, Demon’s Souls Remake, Devil May Cry 5 Special Edition, Dirt 5, Fortnite, Godfall, Just Dance 2021, Maneater, Mortal Kombat 11, NBA 2K21, Observer: System Redux, Overcooked! All You Can Eat, Planet Coaster: Console Edition, Sackboy: A Big Adventure, Spider-Man Miles Morales, The Pathless, Warhammer Chaosbane, Watch Dogs: Legion Y WRC 9.
What concerns to Xbox Series X, has
ARK: Survival Evolved, Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, Borderlands 3, Bright Memory 1.0, Cuisine Royale, Dead by Daylight, Devil May Cry 5: Special Edition, DIRT 5, Enlisted, Evergate, The Falconeer, Fortnite, Forza Horizon 4, Gears 5, Gears Tactics, Grounded, King Oddball, Maneater, Manifold Garden, NBA 2K21, No Man’s Sky, Observer: System Redux, Ori and the Will of the Wisps, Planet Coaster, Sea of Thieves, Tetris Effect: Connected, The Touryst, War Thunder, Warhammer: Chaosbane Slayer Edition, Watch Dogs: Legion, WRC 9 FIA World Rally Championship, Yakuza: Like a Dragon Y Yes, Your Grace.
What the future holds in
Xbox Series X vs PS5
One thing that is clear is that the initial catalog still has many games of the current generation, so they do not influence the purchase decision of the players as much. Something that will define the combat between Xbox Series X vs PS5 are their future releases.
In the case of Sony and the PlayStation 5, has several of the best studios in the industry on its side. Those are the cases of Naughty Dog, Sony Santa Monica Studio O Insomniac Games.
Similarly, it is not possible to exclude Guerrilla Games, Sucker Punch Productions Y Polyphony Digital. On the side of Microsoft Y Xbox Series X is it so 343 Industries, Obsidian, The Coalition, Turn 10 Studios, Ninja Theory, Playground Games Y Rare.
To the above is added the brand new purchase of Bethesda Softworks, with well-known series such as The Elder Scrolls, Doom, The Evil Within, Dishonored, Fallout and more that are very popular.
Do not leave out the exclusives, either permanent or temporary, from separate companies. The fact is that this new chapter of the ‘console war’ is just beginning.
No one knows who will win, although some already assume that Sony will be the winner. It all depends on how well both this manufacturer and Microsoft. Very exciting times are coming in the industry.