Perseus is on the verge of total domination and Verdansk is in chaos. Welcome to the third season in Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War and War zone for Xbox Series X | S and Xbox One. Experience the new Verdansk ’84 war zone as well as four more multiplayer maps, six new weapons and the next chapter of Zombies in Outbreak.
Here’s what’s coming for season three, live now.
Welcome to the new War zone: An overview of Verdansk ’84
Welcome to a new era in War zone. Season three turns back time to 1984, with a completely redesigned Verdansk optimized for a wider variety of gameplay and big changes across the map. Now fully into that Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Verdansk is like never before on Xbox Series X | S and Xbox One.
Here are just a few of the major changes you’ll see in Verdansk ’84:
- Mount Viaduct: A performance of 19th The Century Viaduct spans the Gora River Valley, with dams upstream feeding the lush grasslands. Find climbers, drop from the bridge onto gondola roofs, and perform epic vehicle stunts.
- Old Verdansk Stadium: While the Verdansk Sparks expect a new stadium soon, they will have to play elsewhere while the old one is dismantled. In 1984 the demolition site is still open with high vantage points such as an announcer, an archaic display board and a parked crane. There may even be a hole in the arena wall big enough to let a truck onto the field!
- Salt mine: The Verdansk Quarry was the largest salt mine in the region in 1984. Two large (and currently sealed) entrances lead into the salt mine, a place with numerous old mine pipes and a large, rugged slope with containment ponds and factories to explore.
- Superstore: This popular decline returns to 1984 with changes and improved game flow. On the roof you can crash with skylights as you enter through the main interior of the superstore. There are new exterior windows on the southwestern edge of the reception area. You can even access the shelves and a central cooling area under the roof.
1984 Verdansk – 2021 Strategy Guide, updated and free
For more information on the “retrofitted” changes, see the “Official Warzone Strategy Guide”. This update has the full breakdown of tactics, tips, loading suggestions, and over 400 points of interest in Verdansk ’84. Check out the entire guide Here.
“Hunt for Adler” event
The new limited-time event “Hunt for Adler” begins with the start of the third season in Black Ops Cold War and War zoneAssign the operators to complete in-game challenges, earn event rewards, and find out Adler’s whereabouts.
Once you have completed a series of challenges in both Black Ops Cold War or War zoneYou will unlock an exclusive eagle skin for both games!
Six new weapons
Expand your arsenal with six new season three weapons:
- PPSh-41 SMG (start week) – This classic SMG breathes fire for an aggressive style of play that is ideal to lead the indictment.
- Schweizer K31: sniper rifle (start week) – This fast sniper rifle with fast after-chamber and aiming speeds with large ammunition capacity ensures exceptional accuracy.
Unlock more weapons during season three by completing in-game challenges or purchasing bundles from the store. For season three, keep an eye out for the CARV.2 Tactical Rifle, AMP63 Pistol, Baseball Bat, and Ballistic Knife (which is only available in) Cold War at the start of the third season).
New multiplayer maps, breakout content and more in Zombies, plus additional features
- Yamantau (6v6, start week): Fight your way through the crumbled remains and bury your enemies in the Soviet observatory on the mountain. Yamantau. Fight your way through a massive, shabby satellite dish, snow-covered interiors, and broken catwalks.
- Diesel (6v6 / 2v2 / 3v3, start week): Fight in the lonely desert and a piece of Americana for the gas station and the surrounding buildings.
- Standoff (6v6, In-Season): Watch the building and watch out for the hay bales. In season three, this iconic three-lane medium-sized map returns from the fan and pro scene.
- Duga (multi-team in the season, breakout at the start): Only the strongest operators can hope to survive the cruel terrain of the Urals in this new multi-team environment. Move through the central hand-to-hand combat management offices or work around the perimeter through the bus depot to the long-haul chemical processing plant. You don’t have to wait until mid-season to play Duga! Check out the map that comes exclusively to Zombies in Outbreak when the first half of season three starts!
- Elimination of several teams (during the season): Several teams of four fight in the multi-team elimination mode for the survival of increasingly larger radiation zones Black Ops Cold WarBiggest cards. Stand out as the last standing team or the first team to board the Exfil helicopter in the final safety zone to claim victory.
Sticks and Stones returns at the start of the season
Sticks and Stones is back for Black Ops Cold War and each operator is for himself. Each player uses the R1 Crossbow Shadowhunter, the Ballistic Knife and a Tomahawk. The first player to reach the points limit, or the player with the highest score when the timer expires, wins.
New scorestreak: Strafe Run (start week)
Earn kills or hold an area down for your team by calling on a pair of jet fighters to shower the DZ with this new mid-range scorestreak lead and missile. With a longer active period and higher potential for kills compared to scorestreaks like the Napalm Strike, the Strafe Run is a great choice for any MP mode.
New escape vehicles: FAV and Cargo Truck (start week)
Hit the road with two new vehicles for Outbreak. Shoot down zombies as you race around the next target in the high-speed rapid attack vehicle (FAV), or customize the entire squad as you hunt down specialty and elite zombies with the cargo truck.
New Field Upgrade: Toxic Growth
Requiem’s research and development team created Toxic Growth in turn-based maps and Outbreak, a field upgrade that creates a lethal growth of poisonous thorns that cut zombies’ movement speed in half and inflict toxic damage on enemies. Operators can use Aether Crystals to enhance toxic growth to double the damage, inflict more charges, and even detonate enemies who die from the growth!
New Outbreak World Events and Features (Launch Week)
Get access to upgrades for the DIE Machine Wonder Weapon, unlock the powerful item of the Aether Tool by destroying Rage Crystals, discover the secret of moving even faster in regions of higher difficulty and for the first time in Outbreak.
New Battle Pass, Prestige Levels and more
This is just the surface of what the third season brings, along with a new Battle Pass, three new playable Operators – Wraith, Antonov and Knight – new levels of prestige, new multiplayer challenges and zombies, and much more. Plus, those who buy or already own a version of Black Ops Cold War At the beginning of the third season, the Captain Price Operator for use in Black Ops Cold War and War zone.
Haven’t you joined the fight yet? Receive Black Ops Cold War in the Xbox Store todayand prepare for the third season!
Call of Duty®: Black Ops Cold War – Cross-Gen Bundle
Activision Publishing Inc.
Buy this Xbox One digital version of Call of Duty®: Black Ops Cold War from the Microsoft Store and download the Xbox Series X | S version at no additional cost. The Cross-Gene Bundle contains: – The Cross-Gene Bundle of Call of Duty®: Black Ops Game in the Cold War – Contains the Xbox One and Xbox Series X | S Version – Confrontation Weapons Pack – Legendary Captain Price Operator Skin * The legendary Black Ops series is back with Call of Duty®: Black Ops Cold War – the direct sequel to the original and popular Call of Duty®: Black Ops. Black Ops Cold War will take fans into the depths of the volatile geopolitical struggle of the Cold War in the early 1980s. Nothing is ever what it seems in a gripping single-player campaign, where players are confronted with historical characters and harsh truths as they make their way through iconic locations like East Berlin, Vietnam, Turkey, and around the Soviet KGB headquarters Globe fight and more. As an elite activist, you follow in the footsteps of a shadow figure named Perseus who wants to destabilize the global balance of power and change the course of history. Step into the dark center of this global conspiracy alongside legendary characters Woods, Mason and Hudson and a new group of agents trying to stop a decade-long conspiracy. Beyond the campaign, players will bring an arsenal of Cold War weapons and equipment to the next generation of multiplayer and zombies experiences. Welcome to the edge. Welcome to Call of Duty®: Black Ops Cold War. * All existing owners and prospective buyers of Black Ops Cold War will receive the legendary Captain Price Operator. Buy Black Ops Cold War and sign up to receive this free Legendary Operator Skin in the game. Can be used in both Black Ops Cold War and Warzone ™. Please visit www.callofduty.com for more information. © 2020-2021 Activision Publishing, Inc. AKTIVISION, CALL OF DUTY, CALL OF DUTY BLACK OPS, and WARZONE are trademarks of Activision Publishing, Inc. All other trademarks and trade names are the property of their respective owners.