My name is Troy Pruitt and I am the Community Manager for Crusader Kings III. I am responsible for daily communication, handling social media postings and planning, streaming and video content for Crusader Kings III and I’m here to discuss the latest update for the title, the ruler designer.
This update, called 1.2, is mostly about the Ruler Designer feature, but it has some other interesting improvements! Ruler Designer allows you to be completely immersed in the game by creating a custom character based on your specifications to guide your people to greater fame.
One of the most popular features in Crusader Kings III is the character portrait system. 3D models of all game characters reflect their personality and health in amazing details and change as they acquire new traits and diseases.
Fans loved the Ruler Designer in Crusader Kings IIso we brought that back for Crusader Kings III. Now players can create their rulers before the game begins and try out brilliant scholars, dwarf schemers, and giant romantics – whatever their hearts desire. There is almost no limit to the type of ruler that can be designed.
- Select the starting area of your ruler, then dive into the designer.
- Play as a man or woman with any culture, religion or sexual orientation in the game.
- Customize her appearance, including her facial expression and hairstyle.
- Add traits and optimize their skills. Make a brilliant strategist or holy administrator.
- Add illness or injury for additional challenges.
- Earn achievements when your character is built within certain limits.
The Ruler Designer update is accompanied by a general game update that adds a few other minor features.
- Kill list that tracks the executions, battles and (known) murders of characters in the game.
- User interface improvements to the dynasty view.
- Military improvements In this way, you can join armies in your main armed forces and prevent a province from levying taxes that exceed the supply limit.
- Siberian paganism added to the game as a new belief.
- Ugly characters Now they have more exaggerated facial features.
- Changes to rules and options. Nudity is now a game setting, not a rule. The rule set can now be configured to affect the frequency of AI matrilineal marriages.
We hope you are as inspired as we are to create your own unique monarchs. Share your favorite designs with us on social @CrusaderKings and keep enjoying Crusader Kings III Available now with Xbox Game Pass for PC!
Crusader Kings III
Crusader Kings III is the latest version of Paradox Development Studio’s beloved role-playing game, Grand Strategy Game, made up of medieval conquest and royal intrigue. Lead one of hundreds of noble or royal families through the Middle Ages as you gain power and prestige over generations. Are you going to be a wise and pious king or a violent scheming duchess? Maybe a learned caliph or a gentle war chief. Take your character through an exciting life and make sure there is an heir to carry on the family legacy and build an empire whose fame echoes through history. DISCOVER HISTORY A map stretching from Iceland to India, from the Arctic Circle to central Africa. Guide a historical dynasty through the centuries. Collect new countries and titles to cement your legacy. Knights, peasant revolts, pilgrimages, Viking hunters … experience the drama and splendor of the Middle Ages. Be a loyal follower of your religion, accept the heresy, or start your own belief in the debris of failed belief systems. DEVELOP CHARACTERS Adopt one of five different lifestyles and perfect your skills in military strategy or kingdom management. Character traits guide your actions and influence the results. Characters who act contrary to their nature develop stress, which can create a new set of problems. Make your heirs worthy successors, train them yourself, or give them to a trusted friend or ally as protection. Unworthy heirs are risky unless you find a way to get rid of them – legally or otherwise. Use fear as a weapon and use your terrible reputation to intimidate vassals and family members. WAGE WAR Supplement your royal dues with professional infantry, cavalry and siege weapons as well as exotic regional units. Research new technologies to increase the wealth and military might of your empire. Hire mercenaries and sacred orders for your great wars. PLAN INTRIGUES Spy on your court to discover plans against your dynasty and rule. Find allies in the courts of the rivals you are targeting. Seduce other characters for love or political power. Do your subjects a favor so that they owe you loyalty – or support your plans against your enemies.