With Beachhead, the second expedition for the open world space game No Man’s Sky is available for free.
In April, Hello Games released the expedition update for No Man’s Sky. In it, players can go on missions with friends in the Expedition Pioneers, experience adventures and unlock milestones and rewards.
With a new, 1.6 GB update for the Xbox, the second Beachhead Expedition has now been added for free.
As in the first expedition, you will also start the second with a new memory status. Your existing save remains unaffected by your new adventure.
The following patch notes have been published for this purpose:
- The second expedition, Beachhead, begins today. We hope you enjoy the surprises it has in store.
- A new class of procedural upgrade modules has been added for the spaceship’s launch thrusters.
- Fixed an issue that resulted in incorrect text labels on communication stations.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the Exosuit launch sequence from playing correctly in Expedition Mode.
- Fixed an issue where asteroids would intersect with player fleets.
- Fixed an issue where secondary ships could be summoned when they ran out of fuel.
- Fixed an issue that caused some user interface screens to be incorrectly positioned when using an ultrawide monitor.
- Fixed an issue that resulted in incorrect camera positioning when interacting with a number of objects.
- Fixed an issue where a number of Quicksilver titles could not be unlocked in Creative Mode.
- Fixed an exploit that could allow players to bypass protection against building in other players’ bases.
- Fixed a crash related to terrain tessellation.
- A crash when saving basic data has been fixed.
- Fixed an Xbox-specific crash related to memory management.