It's nice to have a new iPhone. What's wrong is the process of passing all your contacts and phone numbers to your new iPhone. Do you know how your contacts are moved from one phone to another?
Apple introduced iCloud in 2011, with its cloud storage service so that, among other things, transferring contacts from one device to another was a very easy task.
Don't worry if you don't use iCloud, to transfer contacts from one iPhone to another iPhone you can also use iTunes or third-party applications.
It should be noted that if the new iPhone is iOS 10, iCloud will appear in the contact transfer option as soon as you open the phone.
And remember that Apple only offers a 5GB limit of free storage space on iCloud. If you need more space you can sign up for your payment options: 50 GB for € 0.99 per month, 200 GB for € 2.99 per month or 2 TB for € 9.99 per month.
Transfer your contacts to the new iPhone
- Make sure you are logged into your iCloud account and that the Wi-Fi connection is on your old iPhone.
- Once you're signed in, explore the option & # 39; Sync contacts & # 39;. To do this go to & # 39; Settings & # 39; then touch the word from above, and continue ICloud & # 39;, then slide down to look at that & # 39; Contacts & # 39; it is green.
- Then swipe down and touch & # 39; copy to iCloud & # 39 ;, as this will be required to activate the option and give & # 39; That's right & # 39; The time taken will depend on the amount of content you want to transfer and the speed of your Internet connection.
- You can now set up your new iPhone using the copy option & # 39; in iCloud & # 39; As soon as you start the phone you will be asked for your Apple ID.
- When asked if you want to restore from a backup or setup as a new iPhone, select the first option.
- Select the last backup you made.
- Once the transfer is complete (it will take more or less depending on the amount of data to be transferred), your iPhone will be ready for use.
Transfer your contacts to the new iPhone via iCloud
If you have already set up your new iPhone and need to transfer your contacts from another iPhone without completely restoring the phone, you can do it with iCloud.
- Connect both devices to wifi and to the same iCloud account.
- On your original iPhone, go to & # 39; Settings & # 39 ;, tap on your name and activate the & # 39; & # 39; contact option & # 39;
- Swipe down and touch Copy to iCloud & # 39 ;, Select an option that lets you start copying immediately.
- On your new iPhone, go to the iCloud section and activate the option sync contacts.
- When this option is activated, turn on the use of & # 39; Contacts& # 39; Also swipe down to refresh the page.
- Within minutes, your contacts from your old iPhone will appear on your new iPhone.
Transfer your contacts to the new iPhone with iTunes
If you do not use iCloud, you can use your iTunes account to transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone.
- Connect your old iPhone to your PC or Mac and open the latest version of iTunes.
- Select your iPhone from the menu bar, click & # 39; info & # 39; and make sure the sync connection option is active.
- Click & # 39; to sync & # 39; for iPhone contacts to be transferred to your PC or Mac.
- Disconnect your old iPhone and connect your new iPhone.
- In iTunes, select your new iPhone in the menu bar, click & # 39; info & # 39; and check that the sync connection option is activated.
- Slide through the Advanced menu and open & # 39; Contacts & # 39;
- Click Sync to be able to transfer contacts to your new iPhone.
Transfer your contacts to the new iPhone through a third-party app
If you've tried previous options that don't work or fail to convince you, you can turn to them softwares from third parties.
Although this method is certainly the easiest and most comfortable to do, it is also true that it is not free.
In Macworld we chose AnyTrans to transfer contacts from one iPhone to another. There are other options available, however this option (available for PC and Mac) seems simple to us.
- Get started AnyTrans and connect two iPhones at the same time.
- On AnyTrans select your iPhone and click & # 39; Contacts & # 39;
- Select which contacts you want to transfer to your new iPhone.
- Click the button in the top right corner to select the device you want to transfer your contacts to.
- Your contacts will start by transferring to your new iPhone.
Can I transfer contacts to my new iPhone if my old iPhone doesn't work?
This can be a very serious situation. Your iPhone has been stolen or discarded in the toilet (it could be for anyone). How will you be able to transfer contacts now to the new iPhone you will have to purchase?
If you're lucky, your iPhone will automatically make backups on iCloud. If you have a iCloud account set up, every night, once you've connected your Apple device to the power switch, it will automatically back up.
If so, you can simply follow the steps we suggest above the lines in this article. You can log into your iCloud account online and see all your contacts.
If you do not have an iCloud account, the option to transfer contacts to your new iPhone via iTunes may still apply. It will only work if there is a backup.
If you don't have backup … the options to get all your contacts are limited.
You can try announcing the loss of your iPhone to your social networks, asking your contacts to send you their numbers via private messages. (Not a technological solution, but as we have seen it is very popular).
There are some apps that can help you restore your contacts to an old iPhone, but they will only do so if you own it software It can detect your iPhone when you connect it to a computer.
Applications of this type are: Dr.Fone for iOS, Tenorshare Data Restoration, either PhoneRescue via iMobie.