The Redmi K40 is one of the most anticipated Redmi models in Europe for this 2021. As announced weeks ago, today was February 25 when this phone was officially presented at an event. This is the brand’s new top-of-the-line phone, which we’ve learned more about in these weeks through various leaks.
The Redmi K40 is a powerful model, which comes with Snapdragon 870 as a processor, as has been discussed for weeks. It thus becomes the first smartphone to use Qualcomm’s new high-end chip. Thanks to this chip, the device already has 5G connectivity. Along with this device we also find the K40 Pro and the K40 Pro +.
Xiaomi Mi 11 analysis: a double success in our opinion
We have taken an in-depth analysis of Xiaomi’s new high-end mobile the new Xiaomi MI 11 which comes with a great price and better features.
Features Redmi K40 and K40 Pro
- Size: 6.67 inches.
- Technology: AMOLED.
- Resolution: Full HD + 2400 X 1080.
- Refresh rate: 120 Hz.
- HDR10 +.
- DisplayMate Grade A +.
- 6/8/12 GB of RAM.
- 128/256 GB of storage.
- Rear cameras:
- Redmi K40: 48 Mpx main + 8 Mpx ultra angular + 5 Mpx telephoto.
- K40 Pro: 64 Mpx main + 8 Mpx wide angle + 5 Mpx telephoto.
- K40 Pro +: 108 Mpx Main + 8 Mpx Ultra Wide Angle + 5 Mpx Telephoto.
- Front camera: 20 Mpx.
- 4,520 mAh.
- Fast charge 33W.
- Connectivity: 5G, 4G LTE, WiFi 6, Bluetooth 6.1, NFC, Infrarrojos, GPS, GLONASS….
- Fingerprint sensor under the screen.
- Stereo speakers.
- Operating system:
- Dimensions: 163.7 x 76.4 x 7.8 mm.
- Weight: 196 grams.
The new top of the range
These new Redmi K40 and K40 Pro are presented as an accessible top of the range, which could be one of Xiaomi’s successes this year. Both have a 6.67-inch AMOLED display, with a perforation in it. This panel also has a refresh rate of 120Hz, which makes it ideal for gaming. The fingerprint sensor is located under the panel of this device, as is common in the high range.
Snapdragon 870 is the processor of choice for this device, Qualcomm’s new high-end chip. A chip that gives excellent performance to the phone,lgo lower than Snapdragon 888, what we see in the K40 Pro and the Pro +. Additionally, using the Snapdragon 870 allows for a tighter price tag on the device, but it also delivers 5G. In addition to the chip, we have various combinations of RAM and storage.
As with cameras, the primary sensor varies depending on the device. The Redmi K40 has a main 48 Mpx, the K40 Pro at 64 Mpx and the Pro + leaves us with a 108 Mpx. The other two sensors are kept in each of them: an 8 Mpx ultra wide angle and a 5 Mpx telephoto lens. Most advanced of all, the Pro + also leaves us with double ISO for dynamic range.
The battery will be another highlight of this range, with the K40 with a battery with a capacity of 4520 mAh, with a fast charge of 33W in addition. As an operating system, the full lineup uses MIUI 12 with Android 11 as standard, so they have all the functions we discussed recently.
Price and availability
The device has already been made official in China, where it can be purchased soon. There is no information about its international launch, although there are rumors that it could launch as POCO F3 in some countries. The Redmi K40 launches in the colors blue, white and black
- The model with 6/128 GB costs 1,999 yuan (about 255 dollars to change).
- The version with 8/128 GB is priced at 2199 yuan (around 280 dollars to change):
- The model with 8/256 GB costs 2499 yuan (about 315 dollars to change).
- The version with 12/256 GB costs 2699 yuan (around 340 dollars to change).
The Redmi K40 Pro is also launched in different versions of RAM and storage. Whereas the K40 Pro + only arrives in one. Their prices are:
- The version with 6/128 GB costs 2799 yuan (around 355 dollars to change).
- The model with 8/128 GB is priced at 2,999 yuan (around 380 dollars to change).
- The version with 8/256 GB costs 3299 yuan (around 415 dollars to change).
- The K40 Pro + with 12/256 GB is priced at 3699 yuan (around 470 dollars to change):
3 reasons to buy a gaming mobile
Android 11, Xiaomi and MIUI 12
We analyze Android 11 in Samsung mobiles
PocoPhone POCO M3 review
Review Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Samsung Galaxy A42 review
We tested the Samsung Galaxy S21
Xiaomi Redmi Note 9T review
5 + 1 Android mobiles of less than 300 dollars to offer
Android 11 analysis on Vivo mobiles
The reality of mid-range mobiles at 800 dollars