Gradually, more and more brands are encouraged to carry the latest version of Android to their devices or at least to those they consider the most important. If the penultimate to appear was the Samsung Galaxy Note 20 in the United States, it is now Sony who does the same with the Sony Xperia 1 II.
An update that started in the Far East. The owners of an Xperia 1 II in Taiwan are the first who can update his terminal
Android 11 but vitaminized by Sony
Android 11 arrives on the Xperia 1 II under build number 58.1.A.0.921. In this way, Sony respects its update schedule where Android 11 was due to reach its new terminal at the end of December.
In addition, i hope Taiwan is just the starting point and that the Android 11 update on Sony’s phone ends up hitting more markets over the next few days or weeks.
The weight of the update is striking, being the passage from one version to another. Just 933MB to add new features and improvements as well as a security update by also adding the November security patch. And with the improvements of Android 11, some specifics introduced by Sony which we now look at:
- The Cinema Pro app now supports recording 4K slow-motion video with HDR at 120 fps, an option already available but limited to 60 fps.
- A new MR mode is here to set / save frequently used options in Photo Pro application.
Dual standby capability is added using 5G + 4G dual SIM card (previously it was only in 4G + 4G mode)
BatteryCare receives new options to customize the 80% and 90% charge warning.
- The shortcut for screen recording in the notification bar is coming
- New Wallpapers
- Smart home control is made easy with a long press of the power button.
- Wi-Fi and access point can be activated at the same time
And in case you want to resolve any doubts before receiving the update, on this page you have some screenshots to see What do you think of the news of Android 11 on the Xperia 1 II.
Via | GSMArena