The AirPods Max are the latest device presented by Apple in 2020. Now that the days have passed and it is already in the hands of more users, the company has released a support document in which it provides more details. More precisely, he explains how to extend the battery of AirPods Max when they are at rest, among others.
AirPods Max battery operation, charging and rest
Thanks to iFixit, we know that AirPods Max have a dual battery inserted into the right earbud. It is in this headset that you must connect the Lightning cable to charge AirPods Max
On iPhone and iPad we will see a notification when the load drops to 20%, 10% and 5%. We will also hear a tone in the headphones when the threshold reaches 10%, as well as just before switching off for lack of charge. To have an orientation of the charge of AirPods Max, Apple indicates the following:
- If they charge and press the noise control button, the status light will turn green if it is more than 95% charged. It will be orange if it is 95% or less.
- If they don’t charge and press the noise control button, the status light will turn green if it is more than 15% charged. It will be orange if it is 15% or less.
As with the rest of AirPods and accessories connected to iPhone or iPad, you can check the charge of these devices. Other things to keep in mind regarding AirPods Max battery:
- With 5 minutes charge, you get an hour and a half of listening.
- If you leave the AirPods Max unused or stationary for 5 minutes, it will go into low power mode. After 72 hours like this, a lower consumption mode will be activated which disables bluetooth and the search function.
- If you put the AirPods Max in its Smart Case, this low consumption mode is activated automatically. After 6 p.m., they activate an ultra-low consumption mode which deactivates bluetooth and the search function.
It seems that the difference between the two, in addition to the period of low consumption, is in one detail. By being outside the case a lower consumption mode is activated, in the case of we have ultra-low consumption mode. It is worth knowing these details of its use, if what we want is to maximize the load and not be surprised when we need it.