Over the years, you can recognize that Your Apple ID email is not what you would like it to be and you want to change it. Either it's no longer your primary email, or because you want to associate it with your iCloud email account. Let's look at how it is achieved in both cases.
Some previous recommendations
In general, any changes to our Apple account it can fix it. After all, we have not only decorated our devices but also the purchase of apps, series, movies and books. Not to mention our entire photo library in case we upload it to iCloud fully.
If you are concerned that a document or photo is disappearing, it may be best to make a backup copy. You can Use Machine Time
Although Apple recommends leaving your Apple ID on all your devices, the fact is that it's not necessary. As we shall see, change is almost instantaneous and does not cause major problems.
How to change your email to sign in to Apple ID
Whether you want to use an iCloud email account you may have created when you opened your Apple ID or if you wanted to use another email provider, the process is quite simple:
- You will see a menu similar to the one in the picture above. Hit the button Edit.
- Under your Apple ID, you should see the "Change your Apple ID"It can be in English as in the picture below.
- When you enter a new email, if you select one of the Apple emails "@ icloud.com", "@ me.com" or "@ mac.com", a warning will appear. If before you had a regular Google or Yahoo email as an Apple ID and now changed it to one of the three, you can't go back to non-Apple.
- If you change it to one of the providers, you must verify that email account before it can be active.
- Click continue and save the changes.
So From now on, your Apple ID will have a new email address. When you go to any of your devices, you'll see how email appears in iCloud settings it becomes the new you just gave it. It may take a few seconds, but the change will take effect very quickly.
In addition, do not panic if you suddenly receive a general warning that your Apple ID is being used on a new iMessage device or FaceTime. It's normal because it happens with an email exchange, so you can get rid of it without any problems.
Finish the task: delete the old email from your Apple ID
Apple ID is used for many things, including so your contacts and Apple devices can communicate with you via FaceTime or iMessage. On the same Apple ID website you can delete the email account you just changed if you no longer use it. To do this, follow these guidelines:
- Access apple.apple.com and install your Apple credentials as before.
- Under your birthday there should be a section called "Send and receive".
- It should have your old, corresponding email address similar to the one in the top scan. Click on it to remove it.
From now on, this email will no longer be available to contact you with Apple services. You will continue to keep your phone number if you have an iPhone over email that you provided in your Apple ID.