The relationship between Apple and Epic Games is not going to be in their best time. The two biggest titans in the tech world will face off in court, certainly for the sake of players IOS from all over the world.
Epic Games has tried to avoid the 30% commission Apple takes on its internal purchases Fortnite, and those in Cupertino responded by directly deleting the game from the App Store and making sure you don’t come back until Epic is fixed (or if Epic wins the case).
The debate continues. Now, Apple has announced that it will no longer offer ‘Sign in with Apple’ support. Fortnite, Epic Games Store, and wherever you sign in to your Epic Games account.
The apple company has given very few days to players to change the login method, so if they do not, they may lose access to their accounts. Although the deadline has been extended, you will need to know how to do it.
Why should you stop using ‘Sign in with Apple’?
Apple has a huge responsibility to players IOS de Fortnite they were forced to stop using the ‘Sign in with Apple’ method. In fact, he promoted it as part of his fight with Epic Games for a 30% commission.
In a tweet on September 9, Epic confirmed that Apple would stop providing support for the login on the 11th of that month. Therefore, users had only two days to make the change or they would lose access to their account.
Fortunately, Apple re-evaluated and extended this deadline, although it is not known for how long. That’s why Epic recommends its users change routines quickly so they don’t run out of accounts.
NOTE: Apple had previously said it would terminate “Apple’s Sign” support for Epic Games accounts after Sep 11, 2020, but today they have offered a permanent extension. We recommend that you configure your accounts now to be deleted from “Sign in with Apple”. https://t.co/hUDCKcajGo
– Epic Game Store (@EpicGames)
September 10, 2020
How to switch from ‘Sign in with Apple’ to Alternative Fortnite
Fortunately, the process is straightforward. Just follow these steps:
1. Navigate to the Epic Games website and log in to your account using the ‘Sign in with Apple’ option, just as you would like on your iPhone or iPad.
2. Hover over your account in the top right corner and click on ‘Account’.
3. On the ‘General’ tab, click on the icon to edit your email and type the one you’d like to use from now on to sign in to your Epic account.
4. Click on ‘Confirm’.
5. Now, go to your selected email inbox and look for the email via a verification link. Click to confirm the change.
6. In addition to changing your email, some former Apple ID users will need to create a new password. You can do this on the ‘Security and Privacy’ tab of the Epic Games page, or use the ‘Forgot your password?’ Option.
What happens if you do not change the login method?
Even with the September 11 extension, Epic expects Apple to stop offering ‘Sign in with Apple’ at some point. That’s why the company in the background Fortnite recommends changing the login method.
If Apple suddenly decides to cancel access to the Epic account in its own way (although we think it will warn you before), it is possible to restore it. As long as you receive an email from Epic.
Follow these steps:
1. Check the email inbox associated with your Apple ID and look for the file email Epic article entitled: “IMPORTANT! Epic Games account renewal is required for continuous access. “(meaning” IMPORTANT! You need to update your Epic Games account in order to continue accessing it. “).
2. Open this email and write down a nine-digit verification code.
3. Navigate to the Epic Games support page, scroll down and tap ‘Contacts’.
4. You must complete the contact details and enter the verification code you wrote down in the second point.
5. Submit a help form.
This process requires you to contact Epic directly, which means it may take a few days for them to respond (especially if they receive multiple forms similar to yours at once).
It is also worth noting that, although many users should be able to gain access to their account through this process, this is not guaranteed, so we recommend that you choose an alternative as described above.