IPhones have an amazing camera capable of taking great photos and videos, and radar can be a very interesting resource. If you are wondering how can you record time lapse videos with iPhone, or how can you time-lapse a video you’ve already recorded, we will explain how to do it.
With those tips and tricks, you will be able to create time lapse videos easily from your iPhone, just follow these steps.
How to Record Time Lapse Video on iPhone
On the iPhone we have a feature in the camera app called Time lapse. It is a photographic technique that consists of taking several consecutive photos over a long period. Then all these photos are attached as a video and allow us to see what was recorded at faster than usual speed, as if he was moving fast.
It’s a very surprising technique if you know how to use it well, especially if we record events that usually occur at low speed like the movement of clouds or a sunset. It is recommended that the iPhone be as much as possible for this fast moving effect to be spectacular. Here is how you can do it with your iPhone.
- Enter the iPhone Camera app.
- Place your iPhone in a fixed position that minimizes movement.
- Swipe left in the Camera app where Time Lapse appears.
- Press the button and the iPhone will start taking photos.
- It is recommended that in a Time Lapse, the iPhone takes photos for at least a minute, then the video will be much shorter when it is in fast motion.
How to put an already recorded video in time lapse on the iPhone
And You’ve already recorded the video and what you want is time-lapse, you will need an app to get it because the iPhone does not include this feature by default. Our recommendation is to use iMovie, The Apple application for video editing from the iPhone.
Once iMovie is downloaded, you just need to follow these steps to time-lapse any video from your iPhone:
- Open iMovie and click on the “+”.
- Select Movie, then the video you want to time lapse.
- Now click on the video timeline.
- In the tools below, click on the one that looks like a speedometer.
- There you can choose the speed, from idling to setting twice the speed.
- When you’re done, click Done at the top.
- Now hit the share button and Save Video.
In the App Store, there are also other apps for speed up videos and set them in fast motionHowever, iMovie is one of the simplest and easiest to use, and it’s also completely free.
As you can see, it is relatively simple to both record a time lapse video and speed up one that you have already recorded on your iPhone. Now you can share your videos in a much more spectacular way.