Biometric technology continues to integrate with mobile phones, not just turn on the screen and allow access: we can now introduce ourselves to the app or website using fingerprints, face recognition or iris scanning. We can also access government documents by phone, such as a driver's license. Or an ID, which an Android phone can do read your ID card details and act as a secure way to authenticate.
The DNI allows identification of a person by not only signaling, but also maintaining a professional certification obtained with a chip attached to a card. In addition, the most recent electronic IDs feature an NFC chip with data that can be read by an Android phone. And that's what we're going to teach you: how to read that data and all you can do about it.
The cellphone also reads the DNI
In the multidisciplinary path that has led to the smartphone becoming a Swiss technology tool, with a cellphone we can do anything, with us read digital information owned electronically. It's very easy to do as needed for apps that are only for this job; In addition to the important thing: you must have the most recent ID, a model including an NFC chip, called & # 39; DNI 3.0 & # 39;
Various personal information is stored on the NFC electronic ID card obtained when the call comes to your ID card. Full name, place of birth, address, photo and digitally signed signature. Now, reading the data is not as easy as getting the phone closer to the DNI as the process is more sensitive: this way it is avoided for anyone to read the DNI data during the card manager's supervision.
- Download the application & # 39; Example DNIe Reading Data & # 39 ;. It is a secure app and developed by the State.
- Open the program and click & # 39; Read Data & # 39 ;, in the bottom right.
- Click & # 39; + & # 39 ;, where it says & # 39; Install the new DNIe & # 39;
- Enter the ICAN number. It's a number from the bottom right corner of the ID card.
- Activate NFC on your mobile phone and move it to DNI. Find the right place to establish a contact and move data: it usually takes several attempts to read the information.
- The application will read the information and display it on the screen. Additionally, you can choose which data to display in the configuration options (if you want to read the image field, the signature field …).
The read data will appear on the mobile screen as a query and will be saved for direct access from the app, without having to read the card again. Now this is done for details, NFC readings do not display nude data on an ID card
How to use ID and Android for identification
With the advent of the first DNI electronic model we were able to access the income statement, pay taxes and communicate personal information without the need for certificates and directly from the computer: it was enough for the electronic card reader to be connected and enter the ID for that student. This changes with DNIe 3.0 because it is not necessary to use the card reader: just use NFC and Android phone.
Administrators have created an app so that we can identify websites that have an identity card and Android and NFC mobile. This, a formal request is required: & # 39; Admin access panel, a separate DNIee entry. As a result, it is possible to securely access the Agency, DGT, Social Security and many other legal entities.
Using an app doesn't involve a lot of mystery, but it's an objection given the interface has expired. Used as:
- Open the app and select the management app you want to connect to.
- Select from the menu what you will use to identify.
- Identification ID: click & # 39; Add DNIe & # 39; and then take the steps we took to read the card details (ICAN number entry, NFC performance and card readings).
- The application panel will download the digital certificate online and request an access PIN. This is the number you received at the police station when you renew your ID.
- Once you have identified them, you will get the help of management to make the necessary consultation.
These are steps to define and access administrative resources from your smartphone, but you may want to use a computer to perform these tasks. Well, you don't need an electronic card reader as you know connect the cell phone and PC and use NFC phone to authenticate with DNIe. This requires a third party application: & # 39; DNIe PC reader, using mobile & # 39;
This app can be used with a mobile phone connected to a PC via USB or WiFi. The identification process is as follows:
- When the DNI Remote is installed on the PC, connect the phone via USB or WiFi. In the second case you will need to select only the input and scan the QR using the phone's camera. Both devices must be on the same WiFi network.
- When sync is established DNI Remote will download the digital certificate from the physical card to the computer and it will install it so you can introduce yourself to websites using a desktop browser: you just need to follow the ICAN number entry process and touch the DNI using a portable NFC.