We know that one of the most important news in WhatsApp history is about to go official. A few days ago we informed you that the multi-device support of WhatsApp, which would allow an official application on iPad and Apple Watch, it will start beta testing very soon. And now we get new information.
As I sow, WABetaInfo has all the news and published a long article showing news on how this new mode works.
“Multi-device support is probably the feature you look forward to the most. Thanks to the multi-device, you can use your WhatsApp account on multiple devices, without needing an active internet connection on your main device ”
What’s new in WhatsApp’s multi-device mode
In principle, we should see a WhatsApp beta with support for multiple devices in the next two months. And we know that WhatsApp is thoroughly testing this type of news, so we don’t expect the final version to arrive until 2022.
This is All we know about this new multi-device feature that WhatsApp will introduce soon:
- Paired devices can work without an active internet connection on the main device. At present, they still depend on the connection of our smartphone to the Internet.
- You can link up to 4 devices to your WhatsApp account.
- WhatsApp will allow migration of chat history between iOS and Android. WhatsApp always requires the application to be updated before starting the migration.
- The cross-device feature will be released as a beta feature for people who want to try it out and will initially be optional.
- Voice and video calls work on paired devices.
- You cannot send messages or call people who have installed an outdated version of WhatsApp.
- The first release of the multi-device beta will be available for WhatsApp Web, WhatsApp Desktop and Portal, that is, this first multi-device version only allows WhatsApp Web, WhatsApp Desktop and Portal to work without an active internet connection on your phone.
For the time being It does not appear that a beta version of WhatsApp will be launched to allow its use on other devices such as another iPhone, Android or iPad., but remember this is only the beginning, this is only the first beta of this feature.