Publisher Team17 have announced their partnership with developer OverBorder Studio, who are developing the “grueling action RPG” Thymesia for PC.
Action-RPG Thymesia Will Be Published by Team17
Thymesia has been announced to be published by Team17, a dark deadly Action-RPG about wielding the power of disease, in a world of unforgiving enemies. Team17 producer Craig McCarthy describes Thymesia as a “dark and gloomy title” but one they are sure “players are going to enjoy exploring”.
Thymesia is a game about a mysterious character Corvus, who has the ability to seize enemy diseases and weaponise them against adversaries. Combat includes offensive abilities, parrying and dodging all at the right moments. Players can also customise Corvus, by upgrading and improving various stats to aid their journey, and to recover Corvus’ memories in the process.
You can check out the official key features below:
- Weaponizing Diseases – As Corvus, players can seize diseases from enemies and wield them as deadly weapons.
- Engaging Combat – Players will need to use their entire arsenal to avoid death; dodging attacks and parrying at precisely the right time will be instrumental to survival.
- A Dark and Deadly World – With a sinister and gloomy backdrop, Thymesia oozes character through its environments and setting.
- Unforgiving Enemies – Corrupted by the plague, and mutated into monsters, the enemies are twisted and incredibly hostile, challenging players at every turn.
- Replayability – The ability to customize Corvus and try different builds, coupled with the multiple different endings available, means no two playthroughs are ever the same.
The partnership announcement trailer previews some of the disease wielding abilities and the dark universe that players will get to explore, with plenty of challenging combat.
Thymesia will release in 2021 on PC via Steam.
For more news find it here in Biomutant Combat Trailer; Pre-Order Bonus DLC Class Mercenary Announced and Under The Island A 2D Action-RPG Announced For PC. Want more souls-like? Check out our preview for Pascal’s Wager Definitive Edition on PC right here.