Call of Duty doesn't seem to tell us the whole truth, at least when it comes to weapon attachments. This emerges from a new video of a CoD YouTube.
What exactly is it about? As the CoD expert TheXclusiveAce found out in a recent video, attachments such as silencers or barrel extensions have a much more impact on our weapons than the game tells us.
What is the CoD weapons menu not? The Xclusive Ace has tested a selection of weapons with different attachments for its video analysis and noticed that certain negative effects are not shown in the Gunsmith menu.
What does that mean specifically for players? If you equip your shooting irons with extras such as an alternative barrel, then the shooting behavior can deteriorate without you being told in advance.
Specifically, TheXclusiveAce has the following Findings on secret weapon properties met:
- Muzzle attachments with reduced bullet speed also have a reduced damage range. The game doesn't tell you that. Conversely, the game reveals that increased bullet speed leads to increased damage range.
- With the MP5, for example, the range of damage with the Subsonic Integral Suppressor is reduced by a whopping 30 percent, but you are not informed about it.
- The length of the gun barrel also affects the scatter of the bullets. That makes sense logically, but the game is not explicitly stated.
- The attachment "No Stock" (in German "without shaft") also reduces your spread from the hip unnoticed.
- In Gunsmith, CoD: Modern Warfare also claims that silencers affect recoil. According to TheXclusiveAce, this is not the case.
- The Oil-Can silencer is also said to increase the range of damage, but it is actually reduced. This problem has been fixed in the meantime, but only the description in Gunsmith has been adjusted, not the silencer itself.
So much for the clear misinformation that the Youtuber discovered in Modern Warfare's weapon attachments. Take a look at the complete 10-minute video with a lot more details:
Expert advises: "Do not believe the weapon statistics"
The lesson from TheXclusiveAce's knowledge is: Don't just blindly trust the statistics on your weapons, because the game in Gunsmith does not tell us one hundred percent of the effects of the weapon attachments.
According to the Youtuber, it could do much more unknown bonuses or disadvantages who bring weapon attachments with us without us knowing it. At best, you simply test all of your favorite weapons yourself.
However, it remains questionable whether the developers of Call of Duty deliberately dupe us with the weapon information. Or whether they simply do not list every detail in the game, because otherwise the statistics would be completely overcrowded.
Have you discovered such secret weapon properties yourself? Please send us your opinion on CoD-Gunsmith in the comments!