When the new F1 2021 takes off in July, some driver legends will also be on board. These have now been confirmed, as have the cover stars.
Codemasters and EA Sports today officially confirmed seven legendary drivers who will be part of the Digital Deluxe Edition of the upcoming F1 2021 for the My-Team mode. The three-tier roster includes some of the most successful Formula 1 drivers of all time.
In addition, players will also get an early look at their driver stats before the 2021 guides are revealed later in the campaign. The seven racing icons of the Deluxe Edition are:
- Michael Schumacher (94): 91 wins in 308 races and seven-time world champion
- Ayrton Senna (94): 41 wins, 65 pole positions and three world championships
- Alain Prost (93): 51 wins, 41 fastest race laps and four world championships
- Jenson Button (90): 2009 World Champion in the first season of Brawn GP
- Nico Rosberg (89): Won nine of 21 races in his victorious championship season in 2016
- David Coulthard (87): 13 race wins, 62 podium places and vice world champion 2001
- Felipe Massa (86): 11 wins, 41 podiums and runner-up in the 2008 season
The global cover stars were named separately from the confirmed icons. These are the trio of Lewis Hamilton, Max Verstappen and Charles Leclerc. Above all, Hamilton stands out here, of course, as he is already on the hunt for the record-breaking eighth world championship.