As Bethesda has now officially confirmed, “Loaded and unlocked” is the next big update for Fallout 76 in the starting blocks; There was now a release date including further details.
The developer has now announced on the official website that “Loaded and unlocked” will be launched in the coming week. April 27, 2021 has now been confirmed as the release date for the major update.
In a video that you can find below, you can get an impression of the new features planned for the free update. Otherwise, the developers summarize the most important innovations for you as follows:
- S.P.E.C.I.A.L.-Loadouts – With the SPECIAL loadouts you can adapt your character to every new challenge that awaits you in Appalachia. From level 25 you can use a punch card machine in your CAMP and at train stations to reset your SPECIAL values, change skill cards and then save the new build in one of two loadout slots.
- C.A.M.P.-Plätze – With the new CAMP sites, you can build a brand new home in Appalachia without having to give up your existing home. We have also made significant changes to the vending machines and display cases to give you more flexibility when you have more than one CAMP.
- Expansion of daily operations – With a brand new game mode, new locations, enemies, mutations and rewards, this update doubles almost every aspect of daily operations.
- Start of season 4 – Join Armor Ace and the Power Patrol in their battle against Commissioner Chaos and the Yukon Five in Season 4. There’s a new board, 100 ranks, and tons of rewards.
- Exhibition dolls – Is there already a thick layer of dust on the outfits in your storage box? Then unlock a set of male and female exhibition dolls through ranks this season, with which you can present your favorite pieces to the astonished visitors of your CAMP.
- Aiming aid – A target aid can now be switched on via the game settings so that people who play with the controller can target opponents more effectively and do not lose their target so quickly.
- Weltaktivität-Updates – Stay up to date on what’s happening in your current world! With an updated world activity menu, you can now see active events, contaminated zones, nearby player vending machines, and more.
- Manufacturing slider – Make a whole stack of items in one fell swoop thanks to the new slider that pops up when you want to get productive at your workbench.
- Melee improvements – We have optimized and improved hand-to-hand combat and unarmed attacks a bit, so that your blows hit the enemy a little more consistently.
- Treasure Hunter Rewards – Treasure hunter miners are constantly uncovering new valuable items in the wasteland. After the update, there will be a number of brand new rewards that can be received from pit tusk buckets at “Hunt for the Treasure Hunting” events.
To get in the mood for the big new update, there is currently another bottle cap event until April 26th at 6:00 p.m. German time. When you sell unwanted loot and equipment at your preferred dealer in Appalachia, you will temporarily receive twice the amount of bottle caps than usual.