After a testing session next season titled Legacy of Apex Legends, the editors share their thoughts on the new character joining the Apex games.
see also: Apex Legends: Here is the new Legend Valkyrie in the video
Next season heritage will bring a lot of new features, not only for fans of Battle Royale, but also for those who appreciate Titanfall’s license and its multiplayer modes. In addition to changes to the Olympus map due to a mysterious infection, the Edge of the World map is set to make a comeback.
Additionally, Arnes mode will debut alongside Battle Royale as the first permanent mode, and Valkyrie will land on Apex games along with the first arc in the game. Here you will find all of Valkyrie’s skills and our impressions gained through a playtest of a few hours in the coming season!
Embody the legacy of Viper
Valkyrie is the daughter of Titan pilot Viper, who is certainly known to fans of the license. She represents his legacy, ready to take over and find fame. She uses a jetpack forged from parts from Viper’s Titan Northstar.
- Passive 1 : Vtol Jets. Press the spacebar to activate his jetpack. The button can be held down or pressed depending on the option selected in the menu.
- Passive 2 : When Valkyrie is in the air (whether with her jetpack or otherwise like balloons or Octane’s jump pad), she identifies door targets for herself and her allies. This is not Bloodhounds’ scan: she cannot see them through walls. It looks more like the scan from Crypto’s drone.
- Passive 3 : Recognition. Walküre can scan the devices that clear the area of the next circle.
Valkyrie’s jetpack can be used anytime in the game, which can come in very handy especially on vertical maps like World’s Edge, which will be returning to rotation for the next season. But it’s not without risk: it makes noise and can attract many nearby enemies. Additionally, Valkyrie cannot use his weapons while using the passive. This jetpack will bring back memories for Overwatch fans who love Pharah …
Ultimately, it was determined that Valkyries most powerful ability is her passive 2, which allows her to very clearly identify enemies around her. The passive is activated at the beginning of the game. If she falls from the ship, she and her allies will see exactly where the enemies are around her. A very big advantage for the early game!
- Tactical : Naked missiles. Valkyrie locks a slot and launches a barrage of mini-missiles that damage and aim enemies (slowing similar to Arc Star).
Valkyrie Tactic is his only aggressive ability. It covers an acceptable area, but its damage is pretty little. The advantage of this tactic is ultimately its disorientation effect, which allows the opponent to concentrate without being able to react for a short time. But when the skill is used on its own and not being pursued by its allies, it is of much less use. See if Respawn decides to adjust damage based on success over the next season.
- Latest : Immerse yourself in the sky. Press the button once to prepare for takeoff. Allies can interact with Valkyrie to join the launch. Press the button again to throw yourself in the air and dip back into the card (similar to the ball).
It’s a double-edged sword. Valkyries Ultimate’s animation feels like flying to the lanes, but players have to go up to a balloon to switch zones. It can be useful to speed up a fight at the end of the game or speed up an area, but it is risky to use to escape a fight. Valkyrie and his allies are pretty easy to aim for when they rise in a straight line. If used at the wrong time, it could mean the end of your squad.
To conclude, Valkyrie will bring something unique to Apex. It is the only legend that can fly free but cannot reach its full potential in all situations. Regardless, his skills are well built: the developers have been ambitious and players should have fun with this new legend no matter where it fits in the meta.
The season heritage will be available on all platforms fromApex Legends next May 4th.