It was announced last year and we had to wait, but finally League of Legends has already his rework Volibear, the Incessant Storm. The legendary Freljord bear gets a facelift and new habilities on the popular MOBA, and Riot Games has celebrated by sharing a video presentation.
Riot Games has updated the Volibear champion's file on the official website, with a new story in the Universe and a description that says like this:
"For those who still worship him, Volibear is the embodiment of the storm. Destructive, wild and determined, exists since before mortals set foot in the tundras of Freljord and fiercely protects the lands he created with his demigod brothers. He has developed a deep hatred for civilization and the weakness that, in his eyes, he has brought with him, and he struggles to return to the customs of yesteryear, when the land was wild and the blood flowed without qualms. With its teeth, its claws and its thunderous presence, it kills anyone who opposes its vision
A few months ago we saw the Fiddlesticks rework, and now it's Volibear's turn. Visually the changes are not very drastic, the bear has discarded his armor and presents a wilder and fiercer appearanceHowever, at a playable level we find some quite interesting variations. Then we detail your new skills specials.
- Volibear's new passive comes to work in a similar way to what its ultimate did previously, and that is that now the basic attacks of Volibear will carry electrical damage to your nearby enemies.
- Volibear attacks by jumping forward and causing great damage, in addition to paralyzing his target (instead of throwing him backwards as before).
- The W doesn't get much of a change since Volibear keep taking a bite
- The E continues to be a spell with damage effect in a selected area. However, Volibear may also gain additional shield if he is within the ability's radius of effect.
- Last but not least, the biggest change is received by the final. This has completely changed. When using Volibear it makes a big jump up and then falls with all his might hitting the ground and damaging and slowing down any enemies in their way.
Riot Games has also announced that Volibear will come out as Featured in ARAM mode until tomorrow May 12, and he will have a special interaction in the Wailing Abyss, where he can be seen from the minute 3:00 of the game hitting a bridge and lifting the champions who are nearby. Playing in this mode we can win an exclusive emote
Volibear attacks the Wailing Abyss! ⚡️
League of Legends is a MOBA that is totally free for PC gamers, in this link you can read our analysis.