The last week of May turns up again when it comes to new PC games. There are tons of exciting titles to be found on Steam, including the open-world hope Biomutant, the strategy game Warhammer Age of Sigmar: Storm Ground and the truck simulation Truck Driver.
In addition, there is of course a mountain of lesser-known new releases – we have selected the most exciting releases of the coming week for you, the list can be found here.
Biomutant – Shortly before the release there will be tons of new gameplay
This is what it’s about: Biomutant puts you in the skin of a mutated animal that you first adjust in the editor, depending on whether you prefer thicker muscles or a broader grin. This has a direct influence on your starting values, for example strength, vitality or charisma. Later, their appear ance and values change even further by going through mutations.
Open game world: The real highlight, however, should be the open game world with its various biomes. Each zone should bring its own weather and its own dangers, such as heat or radioactive radiation. Six different races live in this world, with them you can either ally or mess with. Your decisions should then in turn influence the story.
Playful features: Fighting, loot and crafting are supposed to be the central features that Biomutant focuses on. There are a variety of different ratchets that you can pimp down to the last detail – provided you have the right ingredients at hand.
more on the subject
Biomutant: FAQ on the action RPG
More exciting releases of the week
Warhammer Age of Sigmar: Strom Ground: The first strategy game from the Age-of-Sigmar universe that is based on the tabletop game. You fight in round battles against AI opponents or in online multiplayer in 1-on-1 battles. One faction is the ghostly »Nighthaunt«:
Warhammer Age of Sigmar: Storm Ground introduces the Nighthaunt ghost faction
Truck Driver: Exciting for those of you who want to get a taste of a career as a truck driver. You inherit your father’s truck and then gradually build the perfect truck with which you can fulfill all kinds of assignments.
Even more new PC games of the week
From Tuesday, May 25th, 2021
- Biomutant: Action RPG with an open world in which you control a mutated animal and fight to save the world.
- Maneater: You know the great white shark? Then you know pretty much what Maneater is about – only that you are the giant fish with an appetite for people. The game was Epic-exclusive for a year and is now also being released on Steam.You can find our review of the Chaos game here.
- King of Seas: Action RPG that throws you into a procedurally generated island world. Do you want to conquer treasures, take revenge and become king of the pirates? There is a free demo with which you can try out King of Seas for the first time.
- Capcom Arcade Stadium: A collection of old arcade classics, including online leaderboards and retro charm.
- An Airport for Aliens Currently Run by Dogs: A winking adventure in which you talk to stock photos of cute dogs who run all of society. Looks pretty wacky and is probably only suitable for players with a special sense of humor.
From Wednesday, May 26th, 2021
- Castle Flipper: Have you always wanted to set up your own medieval fortress? Then you might like the construction kit Castle Flipper, in which you can make a conquered castle afloat again.
From Thursday, May 27th, 2021
- Warhammer Age of Sigmar: Storm Ground: In this turn-around strategy game you explore the eponymous world of Age of Sigmar. Playable either solo or online.
- Truck Driver: A simulation where you make your father proud by becoming the best truck driver. Your car can be expanded and changed according to your needs.
- MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries: After the end of the Epic exclusivity, the Battlemech solo adventure finally lands on Steam. We have already tested the campaign and action for you.
- Land of War – The Beginning: Classic shooter that covers the events of the early World War II. The individual chapters are based on real, historical battles, and the developers promise that they have built in real weapon prototypes that have never been shown before.
- Siebenstreich’s nerdventure: If you listen carefully to the word Siebenstreich, you’ve definitely played DSA at one point or another. The hand-drawn adventure takes pen & paper lovingly on the grain.
- Kung Fu Jesus: Psychedelic Beat’em’Up that looks like a mix of cyberpunk (the genre) and drug trip. In between you even drive car races.
All new games in May 2021
For the last time we will include the monthly overview for the whole of May, from next week we will continue with June. Here you can see all the important new releases in a compact overview:
New games in May – video previews for PC and console games
As always, you can find the new console games of the month from our colleagues at GamePro. They introduce you to the most exciting Releases for Switch, PlayStation and Xbox.