A Canadian newspaper reported that a player in the French Rainbow Six Siege was accused of causing Ubisoft Montreal to be assaulted by police in November last year.
According to reports from the Montreal police and French courts quoted by the Montreal newspaper “La Notre Dame”, Yanni Ouahioune was banned from “Rainbow Six: Siege” more than 80 times. In the past four years, he has harassed the studio and other “Siege” players.
According to the French criminal indictment, Ouahioune was responsible for beating the studio twice in the next two months (thanks to Polygon).
In an interview with the newspaper, Ouahioune denied that the studio was extinguished by the police, but he did admit that he tried to get another player’s house to be extinguished.
Once, he impersonated a Ubisoft Montreal staff member in a phone call to Ubisoft in order to access his banned account. The indictment stated that when the plan failed, he threatened to “intimidate” Ubisoft “to death.”He said it was to get “R6 and […] Command to access prohibited persons. ”
However, according to the report, there were other incidents against Ubisoft Montreal, and Ouahioune denied that he was involved. “[I] Stopped all my bad activities,” he told the newspaper. “I don’t want my mother to be disappointed anymore. “
The violent call on November 13 led to the evacuations of 400 people in Ubisoft Montreal. According to reports, the call deceived the Montreal police’s call, claiming that 40 hostages were taken hostage. The caller also said that if they did not pay more than $2 million, they would blow up the building.
Court documents stated that this was the work of Ouahioune, and he denied the allegations. The next two slam attempts were carried out in December and January without any accidents, because the police “conducted more careful inspections before launching large-scale operations.” He also denied being the perpetrator of the other two false alarms.
In addition to denial, it seems that French citizens are still the main suspects.
')); }); });}