Operation Neon Dawn is in the starting blocks: On December 1, 2020, the latest season of Rainbow Six begins: Siege, which brings the Thai defender Aruni into play. In the following overview we provide you with the most important information about the release, the current patch notes and what you can expect with Y5S4.
Operation Neon Dawn: All information about the Y5S4 patch
Release: When does Operation Neon Dawn start?
Operation Neon Dawn from Rainbow Six: Siege starts on 1st December 2020. You can already download it on your PC 14 o’clock Europe time begin.
Download: How Big is Operation Neon Dawn?
The size of the Y5S4 patch for Rainbow Six: Siege via Steam amounts to 60 GB. The update is intended to reduce the overall size of the game so that R6 takes up less space on your hard drive.
Content: What’s in the new season?
In the meantime, Ubisoft has long since announced what will actually change with Y5S4 in Rainbow Six: Siege. We have summarized the most important innovations that Operation Neon Dawn brings with it as follows:
New operator Aruni
Aruni is the new Defender of Rainbow Six: Siege and has the primary weapons P10 Roni, Mk 14 EBR, the secondary weapon PRB92, as well as the equipment proximity alarm and barbed wire. In addition, thanks to her special ability, she can place a laser field on the map. You can find out more about defender Aruni in our detailed preview.
more on the subject
R6 Siege: New Season brings four huge changes for defenders
Map rework of skyscraper
The revision of the skyscraper level should have been under attack for a long time – now the time has finally come: Season Y5S4 aims to improve the gameplay balance and the navigation of the map. Several entrances were blocked and part of the balcony was removed to prevent camping. There is also a new interior space and a bridge between the VIP and tea room on the first floor.
In addition, there are a few important gameplay changes that affect the operators Jäger, Hibana and Echo, among others. Also, defenders outside of the game have had their detection time reduced from two to one second. This is primarily intended to benefit attackers who are eliminated at the beginning of a round while they are still outside. In addition, defenders must take greater risk should they choose to venture outside
More details can be found in the on the second page of this article.
More on the subject:
– Video analysis: which new direction R6 is heading: victories from 2020
– How did R6: Siege become so successful? GameStarTV at GameStar Plus
Defender Aruni: what can the new operator do?
The most important information about the new defender of Rainbow Six: Siege named Aruni can be found below:
- Gadget: Aruni can apply laser grids to doors, walls and hatches. That destroys enemy gadgets, deals 40 damage to incoming attackers and then disappears. The slogan “Can you take the heat?” And the logo from the official tweet indicate that the laser gadget will actually appear in Season 4.
- Melee attack: With her prosthetic arm, Aruni punches large openings in destructible walls that are comparable to a bullet hole from a shotgun. Barricades fall apart after just one hit.
- Equipment: Aruni carries either the P10 Roni from Mozzie or the MK 14 EWC from Dokkaebi as primary weapons. Your secondary weapon is the PRB92 (Beretta), plus barbed wire or the proximity alarm.
Rainbow Six: New operator and all changes from Y5S4 presented
How Siege will continue in 2021, by the way, Ubisoft already reveals in the roadmap for Year 6!