- There is no Safari browser on the Apple TV and there are no downloadable browsers in the App Store.
- There are also alternative third-party apps for surfing on the Apple TV, but you shouldn’t use them.
- If you want to surf the Internet, you should use the AirPlay function on your iPhone or iPad.
You can argue about the sense and nonsense – surfing with the Siri remote control is not exactly comfortable. However, if you want to show someone a website on the big screen, that comes in handy. So what to do
Forget about apps, use AirPlay
The best and easiest way to get the Browser
- Swipe down from the very top on the right half of the screen to open the Control Center.
- Then select “Screen Sync”.
- Then all you have to do is select your Apple TV and the mobile phone or tablet screen will appear on the TV.
Alternatively, there are also paid apps in the App Store that promise a “special” surfing experience on the Apple TV. These are apps for the iPhone or iPad that turn the mobile device into a kind of remote control.
Again, you have to mirror the screen on the television. You can then use gestures on the screen to control the websites on the TV screen.
Often these apps have bad ratings and they don’t offer any real added value. We therefore advise against investing money in such an application. Surfing via AirPlay is not that comfortable, but in principle it works without any problems.