Star Wars Squadron Update 4.0 has been deployed.
December update Star Wars Squadron It’s real-time, it contains not only bug fixes, but also two new Starfighters.
These starfighters feature the New Republic and Galactic Empire. The New Republic gets a B-wing starfighter, and the Galactic Empire gets a TIE/d “defender” multirole starfighter.
The B Wing is classified as a bomber-class starfighter, while the TIE guard is a fighter.
With the update, custom matches are also provided, which will allow 1-5 players on each side of the two teams to compete on any map in Dogfight and Fleet Battles.
You can view the general patch notes below, but you may still need to click the link and view the table.
Star Wars Squadron Update 4.0
- Added a custom game and server browser, which can be used in the “Multiplayer Games and Training” menu
- With the changes made on the server side last week, the skills assessment requirements for each level have been adjusted (see below for details)
- Updated the skill level profit and loss rate to better reflect the game performance of each player through server-side changes last week
- Ongoing server-side pairing improvements
- Fixed an issue where the game may crash if the player does not skip the result screen of the match
- Fixed an issue where the game may crash when loading the game into Fostar Haven
- Fixed an issue where setting “Lighting Quality” to “Low” would produce strong flashes on Fotor Haven
- Fixed an issue where AI in multiplayer games would sometimes not cause hull damage to players with its main weapon
- Fixed or improved instances of poor collision detection in Fostar Haven, Galitan, Esseles, Nadiri Dockyards, Zavin Abyss and Sissubo
- Fixed an issue where the internals of the TIE blocker might disappear after being reborn
- Fixed an issue where the VFX of the Star Destroyer engine might flicker
- Fixed the problem of blurring PlayStation 5 visual effects.
- Fixed the issue that sometimes players cannot see their status on the career page
- Added support for TrackIR on PC
- Improved the way the game detects and handles device input under the same device name
- Fixed an issue where the game could not detect all input devices if more than one was inserted
- Fixed an issue where PC users with more than 5 input devices could not adjust the device order in some cases
- Added controller rumble for ion cannon, assault shield and electron beam cannon
- Fixed an issue where the mini joystick input on Hori HOTAS on Xbox One could not work properly
- Added the option to switch the game controller between dynamic (default) and static throttle. This option can be used to correct the throttle behavior on certain input devices (such as Hori HOTAS for PS4).
- Added new cosmetics, which will be launched over time through in-game events and operations
- Improve the lighting of the dashboard graphics when necessary
- Resolved an issue where Astromech-shaped holes might appear in the decorative UI elements around the “Powerful Ally” X-wing skin
- Fixed the issue that sometimes no indicators were displayed after destroying the battleship
- Reduce waiting time in the briefing room from 120 seconds to 90 seconds
- Fixed an issue where Titan One could have a hologram effect on the legs of the briefing room
- Fixed an issue where there was no UI indicator in the newly spawned New Republic Squadron
- Now, friends will be displayed in alphabetical order for ease of use
- Reduced the loading time of the friend list for players with many friends
- Fixed an issue where all players may appear as the same person in the introductory movie
Starfighter and components
- Added B-wing to the fleet of the New Republic
- Heavy gunship game style, rear fighter
- Low mobility, relying on assist/drift to move and steer effectively
- High durability and main damage output, explosive battleship damage and built-in ion cannon
- Rely on supporters/allies to reach the main ship and survive while causing damage
- Best for staying behind fighter/interceptor and sinking fire on enemy ships
- Unique components: Ion beam
- Causes huge ion damage to the main ship shields and subsystems
- Unique components: Gyroscope/auxiliary control module
- When you press and hold the auxiliary button, you can roll the gyro cockpit and rotate the entire ship around the cockpit. The wing angle determines the bomb release angle. When the top is rolling, the evasion of the missile is also increased.
- Also increased the number of ammunition using the auxiliary ammunition; otherwise, increase the auxiliary cooling rate.
- Added TIE Defenders to the Imperial Navy
- Adaptable anti-interplanetary fighter expert, front and center fighter
- It has high protection and high survivability, but it is extremely vulnerable to attack by ion weapons
- Requires frequent, skilled power management and the use of boost/buck to achieve the desired performance; improper power management may be harmful
- Unique components: Advanced power system
- Provide the system with instant massive overcharge with maximum power. If no system has the maximum power, the overcharge capability of all systems will be weakened.
- Now, deployable turrets (including standard turrets and rocket launchers) can display their DPS.
- Fixed an issue where the rocket may have no effect on the impact
- We have updated the description of the deployable turret to make its function in the game clearer
- Fixed an issue where component sound effects could not be reloaded
- Tactical shields and emergency shields are now displayed on the target computer around the starfighters on the ship of the New Republic (Imperial Starfighters are already provided) instead of on the status indicator, so that temporary shields and regular Shields are compared side by side.enemy
- Reduce the regeneration speed of the A-wing shield by approximately 1/3
- Rotating cannon no longer consumes laser power at the end
- Fixed an issue where the action of the Star Warrior might become jerky when firing a rotating cannon
- The travel speed of the ion missile is reduced from 400m/s to 240m/s, which is consistent with other missiles
- Fixed an issue where players could take advantage of the power converter’s fines and reset them when setting power management to “balanced”
- Players will now take +50% damage if they are hit while charging Plasburst Cannon to enhance its role as a “chase” weapon instead of a “chase” weapon
- Improved VFX clarity when Plasburst Cannon is fully charged
- Solved the problem that the beam visual effects may disappear when the player repeatedly taps the button
- Fixed an issue where the Starfighter disabled effect could not be displayed correctly in the U-wing
- Fixed an issue where the Starfighter might have a negative turn rate
- The internal explosion radius of the piercing torpedo has been increased from 2 to 14 to allow it to receive more uniform damage.
- Fixed an issue where the game could be loaded indefinitely at the end of Mission 1
- Fixed an issue where some players could not complete the goal “Follow Mani” in Mission 1
- Fixed the problem that the arrow keys on the PC in Mission 3 could not complete the drift tutorial.
- Each sub-level in the level ladder now displays its SR requirements
- Fixed an issue where the username of the defeated player was displayed very small in the killing camera
- Fixed an issue where text would display inconsistently when it shouldn’t be displayed
- Fixed an issue where the prompt to leave the briefing room can continue to enter the movie and game introduction
- “Recenter HMD” VR input is now correctly displayed on the PC control screen
- Added some new loading screen tips related to new content.
- Fixed an issue where ships may enter the field of view during the hangar entering/exiting the cinema when playing in VR
- Fixed an issue where double images may appear when tracking points in PSVR when rotating the game camera.
- Fixed an issue where players could load into Esseles instead of Fostar Haven when fighting AI.