Halo 2 hits the "Master Chief Collection" on PC this week.
As previously announced, Halo 2: AnniversaryAll games, including the original Halo 2, will be released on PC on Tuesday, May 12. These games will be provided as part of the Master Chief Collection and can be sold in bundles.
Last weekend, developer 343 Industries confirmed some other details about the release. The game will start to be available for download 8 PM Eastern Time, 11 PM Eastern Time, 4 AM Beijing Time (May 13) Cross Steam and Windows app store.
This week's update also introduced the theater modes of Halo 2: Anniversary and Halo: Arrival, and added new customization options for the remake of Halo 2 and Anniversary. The Forge map creation tool is still in use, so it will not be part of this update.
Unfortunately, there is a long list of known launch issues in Halo 2: Anniversary, which is outlined in the blog 343. Some of these are secondary, such as subtitles and audio not synchronized, while others, such as the unrendered sun in most maps and basic Halo 2 missions, are even more worrying.
We have summarized all of the following known issues for you. Please review the questions included to ensure that you are not surprised at the beginning.
- On the Co-op multiplayer Xbox, the HUD will deviate from the center when zoomed in.
- The terminal video only defaults to English.
- Play in-game audio while watching terminal video.
- There are no subtitles in the campaign game.
- When viewing cutscenes, the subtitles and audio are out of sync.
- Users using AMD hardware may experience missing and / or flickering textures throughout the event (such as Elevator on Oracle).
- There are several graphics issues in Oracle, including glass overflow channels, cloud cover and lightning effects.
- The movie audio in Halo 2 and Halo 2: Anniversary is affected by different audio option sliders.
- The enemy elite will not be used in battle.
- Motion cinematics are much louder than gameplay.
- Certain campaign missions will reduce FPS when first launched.
- When you have multiple audio devices and switch between classic and remade graphics in cutscenes, audio can change the output device
- When using Ryzen 5 and AMD GPU, a large rectangular frame will appear in the task Oracle.
- Blurred movies and terminal video may have visual problems other than 16: 9 aspect ratio when rendered at 16: 9.
- When the Scarab skull is activated, there are no gunshots for various weapons.
- When the skull of the scarab beetle is active, a hard lock may occur when the plasma rifle is fired after exchanging weapons with the elite.
- Shortly after death, the outpost lights will disappear, and then disappear.
- The resolution of some environmental texture displays is lower than expected.
- While in the scorpion tank, the music will loop incorrectly on Metropolis.
- Using Nvidia GPUs on classic graphics, lacking various leaf environment LOD textures.
- The Gravemind on the co-op apartment will malfunction and may be disconnected if the network is not in good condition.
- When switching between "Classic" and "Remake" graphics, the music will change to different parts of the track.
Halo 2: Anniversary
- The pixelation of the shadow can be seen in the anniversary graphic
- Forged map lighting is not displayed correctly.
- In a game with 3 plots, performance is reduced.
- In each part of the title, the quality of the texture resolution display is low.
- When watching fans on Stonetown, FPS sometimes drops to 45
- When the reloading is completed quickly, the audio is lost.
- If you shoot while picking up the secondary weapon, the primary weapon audio will be reduced.
- During the shooting animation, the texture on the Gaussian Warthog turret will be separated from the model.
- When using the updated Intel driver on the on-board graphics card, it does not start.
- When the frame rate is set to unlimited, the performance of theater movies can be limited to 60 fps.
- There is no inverted option for dual holding in the settings menu
- The lighting between the elite armor and the Spartan armor is inconsistent.
- When "Unlimited Frame Rate" is enabled for scanning, there will be obvious stuck phenomenon on the object.
- When playing Hot Potato, players with odd balls cannot play sound effects.
- Hoplite armor lacks rear armor in the game.
- When using voice chat, the player is not notified that they are speaking.
- Compared with the original music, the music mix in MCC is much quieter.
- The Team Spawn system is not equivalent to the original version.
- The bullet registration does not match the original registration.
- The rebirth timer is hidden by the territory capture table in a multiplayer game.
- Compared with the old version, the Gamma value is too high
- Super Bounce will not reflect the old version.
- Snow VFX does not match the old behavior on the snow missions and maps.
- Most maps and missions do not render the sun.
- When playing in a higher field of view, as the LOD distance decreases, the frequency of textures will be higher.
- When using the mouse and keyboard, the Banshee turns faster.