Happy weekend from Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up on the latest in the games we cover or are looking for a refresher we’ve got you covered! Here’s a bite-sized version of the Top RPG news of the week. Taste all the latest news across the Fextralife Wiki Network.
Check out the video above and read on for the text!
- During the Sony’s CES trailer last week, info on game releases were shared including Capcom’s upcoming title Pragmata, Project Athia, GhostWire Tokyo and more.
- However Sony have now uploaded a replacement trailer on Youtube, now only specifying the first-party info in the fine print. Sony have removed all the third-party release dates and windows.
- This could mean the information was not suppose to be released yet, or incorrect. Sony have not commented on the reason for taking down the original information, nor confirmed if those release windows/info were correct.
For more on this news find it here in: Sony Removes Release Dates From CES 2021 Trailer.
- Bloodstained Ritual of the Night had great success with its Kickstarter project, gaining quite a few stretch goals adding a number of additions to the game. One of those funded goals included the new addition that has now arrived with the latest patch update.
- The update adds a new classic mode, so you can play Bloodstained: ROTN in a retro inspired mode. There is also crossover content from the game Kingdom: Two Crowns.
- The classic mode puts Miriam once again into the castle where she must confront Gebel and survive five stages and five sub-bosses. Along with her main weapon, players can choose a special, limited-use ability to use throughout this mode, but you can only have one at a time. Picking up a new ability will get rid of the old one.
- Artplay last year had teamed up with developer Raw Fury, adding characters from ROTN to Kingdom: Two Crowns. Now the crossover continues in Bloodstained, adding a brand new area, inspired by Kingdom with a pixel aesthetic.
- Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night is now available on PC, Playstation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch. Want to know what we thought of BROTN? Check out Bloodstained: Ritual Of The Night Review.
For more on this news find it here in: Bloodstained: Ritual Of The Night Adds Classic Mode And Kingdom Crossover.
- Inxile Entertainment have announced their next update for the tactical RPG Wasteland 3: Robots and Rangers which will add fantasy costumes to the game coming with patch 1.3.0.
- The next update for Wasteland 3 will add fantasy costumes to the CRPG, which includes two free costumes the Handmade Wizard and Wasteland Knight. These additions will be coming with Patch 1.3.0 which is currently going through the final fixes and testing according to the official inXile blog.
- The new update Robots and Rangers is expected to release by the end of the month. It adds the costume Handmade Wizard which combines the magical fantasy look with the post-apocalyptic setting. The second outfit the Wasteland Knight, adds a medieval theme, but mixes it with a dystopian look. Developer inXile teamed up with costume designer and artist Dimitri Zaitsev who specialises in post-apocalyptic designs.
- Wasteland 3 is currently available on PS4, Xbox one and PC. If you need some guides to help you on your adventure be sure to check out our Wasteland 3 Guides.
For more on this news find it here in: Wasteland 3 Next Update Robots And Rangers To Add Fantasy Costumes.
Persona 5 Strikers
- The latest trailer for Persona 5 Strikers goes ‘All-Out-Action’ with featuring gameplay of the upcoming Action-RPG.
- The Phantom Thieves are almost ready to return, as Persona 5 Strikers releases next month. In the latest trailer it features the upcoming action of the game, which highlights a new battle system for this spinoff/sequel, as well as some of the story.
- You can check out some the different movesets each character has as well as their unlockable Master Arts. Strikers adds a new flavour to the Persona franchise, mixing in hack-and-slash, Dynasty Warriors mechanics, with fast-action gameplay.
- Persona 5 Strikers releases on Playstation 4, Nintendo Switch and PC on February 23rd.
For more on this news find it here in: Persona 5 Strikers ‘All-Out-Action’ Trailer Released.
Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning
- THQ Nordic have announced Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning will be launching on the Nintendo Switch on March 16th 2021. This release also comes with the main game and all three previously released DLC: The Teeth of Naros, Legend of Dead Kel, and Weapons and Armor bundles.
- THQ plan to release the next expansion for Kingdoms of Amalur called Fatesworn later this year. So far details are slim on what exactly the new DLC contains, but will add further content for fans to enjoy.
- THQ have also announced that there will be both a physical and digital edition. If you buy the physical edition, you won’t need to download any more files as the whole game fits on the cartridge which is great news.
- Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning is the remastered version of the title of the same name (minus the Re-) that was released back in 2012. The remaster which launched in September last year, comes with a graphics update.
- Players can build their character to their preferred playstyle, with numerous combinations in terms of skills, abilities, weapons and armor. You can mix magical and melee attacks, executing the final blow with Fateshift kills.
- Ready to dive into the Faelands? Check out our Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning Builds.
For more on this news find it here in: Kingdoms Of Amalur: Re-Reckoning Releasing On Switch In March.
- Recently an interview with Nioh director Fumihiko Yasuda shared some interesting details about the director’s future plans including the possibility of Nioh 3.
- The interview with The Gamer shared currently according to Yasuda “there really isn’t a plan for Nioh 3 at this point”, but the focus is on new projects. Team Ninja wants to gain more experiences and skills by working on different projects. But not all hope is lost for the Nioh franchise, Yasuda did share he wanted to return to the series at some point and “create something even better”.
- So what’s next for the Nioh 2 developer? Yasuda expressed interest on working on an open-world game, as seeing what the Playstation 5 can do recently by working on the Nioh Collection, the possibilities have been widened.
- Yasuda also shared that there would be some new Ninja Gaiden news in the “near future”. At this time there isn’t any specific news to be announced but Yasuda hinted that some sort of news will be coming soon, and how without Ninja Gaiden, the Nioh IP wouldn’t have existed.
- That’s a lot of titbits of information to process, ahead of the Nioh Collection release for PS5 which launches on February 5th, along with Nioh 2 finally coming to PC with the Nioh 2 – The Complete Edition.
- To check out how Nioh 2 runs on PC watch our gameplay video on our channel.
For more on this news find it here in: Nioh Director Wants To Create An Open-World Game For Next-Gen Consoles.
Shattered Tales of the Forgotten King
- The souls-inspired RPG Shattered: Tale of the Forgotten King will be leaving Early Access on Steam on February 17th. Shattered combines open-world platforming with souls-like combat.
- Solve puzzles and face off against a variety of different enemies. Combat has a range of weapons, skills and spellcasting abilities which makes for some diverse gameplay.
- Shattered: Tale of the Forgotten King puts players in the dark world as a Wanderer. It’s your quest to find out what happened in this world, find the fragments of reality and begin to piece them back together. Through skill-based combat, discovering the open-world and taking what you learn from the survivors, you can begin to build a picture. However, some survivors are more trustworthy than others.
For more on this news find it here in: Shattered Tale Of The Forgotten King Launches February 17th.
Fallen Legion Revenants
- You can now check out the upcoming Action-RPG Fallen Legion Revenants with a free demo now available on both Playstation 4 (Playstation Store) and for Nintendo Switch (Nintendo eShop). Developer YummyYummyTummy has announced is now available for both platforms.
- The upcoming title includes real-time action, and in the demo you can experience Chapter 1 and gain an exclusive theme for PS4. All progress made in the demo will be transferable to the full game if you decide to purchase, so you can start where you left off.
- Fallen Legion Revenants releases on Playstation 4 and Nintendo Switch on February 16th, you can check out the demo on both platforms right now.
For more on this news find it here in: Fallen Legion Revenants Demo Now Available.
Path of Exile: Echoes of the Atlas
- Grinding Gear Games have announced that Path of Exile: Echoes of the Atlas is now the most successful expansion so far.
- The free-to-play Action-RPG recently launched its expansion Echoes of the Atlas last week, which added new endgame content, new skills, challenge league and more.
- Co-founder of GGG Chris Wilson shared that they are glad that the team is heading “in the right direction” as they “work towards completing Path of Exile 2”.
- GGG have also released some interesting stats about the expansion launch, with nearly 300,000 fans tuning in to watch the debut livestream. It also grabbed the 4th most popular game on Steam at the time.
- Path of Exile: Echoes of the Atlas is now available on PC, Xbox Series X and PS5.
For more on this news find it here in: Path of Exile: Echoes of the Atlas Now Grinding Gear Games’ Most Successful Expansion So Far.
Well, that’s it for the Week in Wikis. Please join us next week for yet another great week of gaming! Remember to check out our VIP program for some exclusive supporter benefits, and budding writers should take advantage of our Become an Author initiative! Thanks again for being a part of this great community. Keep checking in with us for news, reviews, YouTube streams and vids, and general wiki goodness!
Follow us on social media for all the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the larger the army of the Fexus grows: