Happy weekend from Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up on the latest in the games we cover or are looking for a refresher we’ve got you covered! Here’s a bite-sized version of the Top RPG news of the week. Taste all the latest news across the Fextralife Wiki Network.
Check out the video above and read on for the text!
Dragon Age 4
- Executive Director of Dragon Age 4, Christian Dailey has released a piece of concept art for the upcoming RPG Dragon Age 4.
- Previously the developer has shared concept art which included the archer with a magic bow. This time it spotlights a mage complete with a mystical staff, all set in front of a rainy backdrop, down a dark alley. On her holster of sorts, the character is kitted out with a collection of scrolls at the ready.
- The creative director Matthew Goldman also retweet the image with a few words, “Meet me in Minrathous!” The biggest city in Dragon Age is Minrathous, and the capital of Tevinter. The artist has really captured the magical mystery behind this image, with the ethereal-looking lantern, and an intriguing look at this character.
- There’s not much else to go on for this glimpse into Dragon Age 4, but it’s enough to stir the hype for this upcoming entry in the Dragon Age series. What it does tell us is that it looks like Dragon Age 4 is still quite some time away from release, but Bioware are here to hint at what’s to come.
- Dragon Age 4 so far doesn’t have a release date but EA have previously stated the game wouldn’t be arriving until fiscal year 2022.
For more on this news find it here in Dragon Age 4 New Concept Art Released.
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla
- The upcoming DLC for Assassin’s Creed Valhalla: Wrath of the Druids releases on April 29th. Players can pick up this DLC either separately for $24.99 or as part of the Season Pass for $39.99.
- It’s also available for those who purchased the Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Gold, Ultimate, and Collector Editions.
- Wrath of the Druids takes players on a journey to Ireland, where they can help to unravel the mysteries of an ancient druid cult. Discover Gaelic myths and folklore, while fighting your way through haunted forests and stunning landscapes. You will also gain influence among the Gaelic kings, becoming well-known in the region.
- Also happening now until April 8th is the Ostara Festival which is part of the free update for all. It is a time-limited event where players can celebrate Spring with new challenges and rewards. This includes a few Easter-themed festivities in Ravensthorpe which includes a settlement decoration activity, drinking, archery and fighting mini-games.
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla is available on Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Playstation 5, Playstation 4, Ubisoft Connect, PC via Epic Games Store, Stadia and Amazon Luna. The upcoming DLC Wrath of the Druids launches on April 29th.
For more on this news find it here in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla’s Next DLC Wrath Of Druids Launches April 29th.
- Atomic Heart the sci-fi RPG which is releasing this year gets a new trailer featuring the ‘Photo Mode’ of the game. It shows a lot of close-up shots and some impressive zoom-ins showing every pore and detail in 4k. It also previews some of the combat action and English voiceover.
- If you haven’t heard about Atomic Heart, it follows the alterative plot of what if the Soviet Union were still in play and now have access to a technical revolution. This includes their development of robots, the internet and holograms. You take on the role of a KGB agent called P-3, who is looking for a robot control system which is not acting as it should, now causing robots to harm humans.
- The trailer narrates some of the in-game events such as the Polymer Vaccination, in a satiric fashion. The footage also shows some of the impressive landscape and robots that you’ll see in game. The game looks like a cross between a Bioshock future with The Outer World’s comedic value.
- Atomic Heart will be releasing in 2021 on Playstation 4, Playstation 5, Xbox Series X, Xbox One and PC.
For more on this news find it here in Atomic Heart Gets ‘Photo Mode’ Trailer Plus Screenshots.
Elder Scrolls Online
- Live on the Bethesda Twitch channel, the development team will be previewing more about the next Elder Scrolls Online expansion, Blackwood. The next chapter which is part of the year long content Gates of Oblivion will be getting a closer look during the livestream.
- The preview event will take place on Wednesday March 31st at 3PM EDT on the official Bethesda Twitch channel, with a preshow beginning at 1:30PM EDT.
- In case you missed it some of the major additions coming to ESO in June is a new zone to explore, new 12-player trial, the addition of Companions, 30 hours of new main storyline content, plus new quality of life features. Blackwood will follow the schemes of the Daedric Prince Mehrune Dagon, and the chapter takes place 800 years before the events of The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion.
- Recently Update 29 for ESO went live for all platforms adding the new Champion System plus CP 3600 max.
- Elders Scrolls Online Blackwood will be releasing on June 1st for PC and on Playstation and Xbox on June 8th.
For more on this news find it here in Elder Scrolls Online Blackwood Chapter Preview Event Livestream March 31st.
- Perfect World Entertainment and Cryptic Studios launched the open beta for Magic: Legends this week. The full launch is scheduled for PS4, Xbox One and PC in 2021.
- In case you missed it, Magic: Legends is an MMO action-RPG based on the well-known Magic: The Gathering card game. In this ARPG, players will wield spells as one of the five starter Planeswalker classes, by building a deck of spells from your spell library. Choose your mana power whether it be from White, Black, Blue, Red, or Green, or a mix to suit your playstyle.
- Planeswalkers can explore five different regions across the four planes, Shiv, Benalia, Tazeem, Tolaria and Gavony. Choose your Planeswalker, Geomancer, Mind Mage, Beastcaller, Sanctifier, or Necromancer.
- If you want to know more about what sets apart Magic Legends, be sure to watch/read next Magic Legends Preview: Everything We Know About Magic Legends.
- Magic: Legends Beta is currently available on PC on Arc Game and Epic Games. The full launch will happen in 2021, for PS4, Xbox One, and PC.
For more on this news find it here in Magic: Legends PC Open Beta Now Live.
- The monster farming RPG with a twist, Monster Harvest is coming to Switch and PC this May, and later in June for consoles.
- If you like the idea of farming, collecting your mutated harvest, and then taking them into battle you will look forward to Monster Harvest, an RPG farming sim. Players will plant their crops, and grow strange Slimes in the world of Planimal Point. Depending on the season, crops will mutate into different monsters with 72 varieties available.
- With your Planimal companions, you can take them into battle, to ultimately save Planimal Point from the Evil SlimeCo. There are also dozens of craftable items for your farm and house.
- The game looks to be a mix of Stardew Valley, meets Harvest Moon but a with a pocket monster vibe. However instead of catching monsters, you can grow them, in a seasonal variety. It’s a quirky twist that invites collecting them all.
- Monster Harvest releases on PC via Steam and Switch on May 13th. It is also coming to PS4 and Xbox One on June 3rd.
For more on this news find it here in Monster Harvest Releases May 13th For Switch And Steam; June 3rd For PS4 And Xbox One.
- Publisher and developer Anshar Studios has announced the single-player cyberpunk RPG Gamedec will be coming to PC via Steam and GOG on September 16th. A Switch version was only previously announced slated for a 2021 release but no specific date has been announced as of yet.
- Gamedec sets to follow the classic RPG structure, focusing on player choice in an adaptive isometric RPG. In this game the player will “solve crimes in virtual worlds”. The game emulates tabletop RPGs, with focus on character development and decision making. Players can craft a unique set of professions, to lead investigations in their preferred style.
- Gamedec promises to offer freedom to approach situations in a number of different ways, offering more than one solution. The game is described as a non-combat, so your actions will rely on your investigative skills rather than your brawn.
- Gamedec will release on PC via Steam and GOG on September 16th.
For more on this news find it here in Gamedec For PC Launches On September 16th.
- A new trailer has just dropped for upcoming Biomutant, an Action-RPG by developer Experiment 101, being published by THQ Nordic.
- The combat trailer dishes out some of the wacky moves and creatures players will encounter in the furry world of Biomutant. The kung-fu fable inspired RPG shows off some of the fast-paced action, mech, inventive weapons and sprawling world.
- A new pre-order bonus class has been announced as well. Those who pre-order the game before its May 25th release will gain access to the Mercenary class DLC, which is described to have “a unique combination of perks”. The Mercenary class can dual-wield weapons as a starting ability, it also comes geared with a classic Katana and shorter Wakizashi blades. You will still be able to get the Mercenary class without pre-ordering, but it will be purchasable.
- Biomutant will storm onto Playstation 4, Xbox One, and PC via Steam, GOG, the Epic Games Store and Origin on May 25th.
For more on this news find it here in Biomutant Combat Trailer; Pre-Order Bonus DLC Class Mercenary Announced.
- Thymesia has been announced to be published by Team17, a dark deadly Action-RPG about wielding the power of disease, in a world of unforgiving enemies. Team17 producer Craig McCarthy describes Thymesia as a “dark and gloomy title” but one they are sure “players are going to enjoy exploring”.
- Thymesia is a game about a mysterious character Corvus, who has the ability to seize enemy diseases and weaponise them against adversaries. Combat includes offensive abilities, parrying and dodging all at the right moments. Players can also customise Corvus, by upgrading and improving various stats to aid their journey, and to recover Corvus’ memories in the process.
- The partnership announcement trailer previews some of the disease wielding abilities and the dark universe that players will get to explore, with plenty of challenging combat.
- Thymesia will release in 2021 on PC via Steam.
For more on this news find it here in Action-RPG Thymesia Will Be Published By Team17.
Well, that’s it for the Week in Wikis. Please join us next week for yet another great week of gaming! Remember to check out our VIP program for some exclusive supporter benefits, and budding writers should take advantage of our Become an Author initiative! Thanks again for being a part of this great community. Keep checking in with us for news, reviews, YouTube streams and vids, and general wiki goodness!
Follow us on social media for all the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the larger the army of the Fexus grows: