Those who have so far refrained from visiting dystopian London in the near future can make up for it now and play Watch Dogs Legion for free this weekend – at least to a certain extent. The free trial version of the open-world game starts this Thursday, March 25th.
If you dare to jump into the world of Watch Dogs Legion, then colleague Peter Bathge has an important tip for you in advance:
more on the subject
Don’t play Watch Dogs 3 like me!
Watch Dogs Legion: All information about the free weekend
- When does the campaign start? Watch Dogs Legion is free to play from March 25th to March 28th.
Where is it playable?
- Is there a preload? Yes, from March 24th at 6:00 p.m. on both download platforms.
- How big is the download? Around 45 gigabytes have to be downloaded.
Are there any restrictions? Yes. According to Ubisoft, only four of the eight boroughs of London are available. The story can also be played up to the mission with Skye Larsen. However, all open world activities are playable. As in the full version, you can recruit almost all characters in the open world.
Can the progress be carried over? Yes. According to Ubisoft, if you decide to buy Watch Dogs Legion afterwards, you can transfer all story progress to the full version.
Discount on purchase: In time for the free weekend, Ubisoft Connect and the Epic Games Store are offering the standard version of Watch Dogs Legion for 30 dollars until April 9th. The Ultimate Edition including the Season Pass costs 60 dollars.
Roadmap for 2021
In addition to the free weekend, Ubisoft has presented a detailed DLC and update schedule for Watch Dogs Legion. Over the next few months, smaller and larger extensions will appear:
Link to Twitter content
Here is an overview of the most important update and DLC stations:
- New heroine in April: Mina Sidhu, who is endowed with supernatural powers, will join Watch Dogs Legion in the coming month. There are also new missions with her. Both are part of the Season Pass.
- Story expansion in June: The highlight is Watch Dogs Legion: Bloodline, which continues the story of the third series part. There are two well-known faces on board: Aiden Pearce from Watch Dogs and Wrench from Watch Dogs 2. Bloodline and the two characters are part of the Season Pass.
- Assassin’s Creed im August: After Bloodline comes Assassin’s Creed: A crossover with the AC series is expected to start in August. The package includes new missions and a new playable character for Season Pass owners. There will also be a new world event for all Watch Dogs Legion players.
- Free for all players: In addition to the paid Season Pass, new co-op missions, expanded character customization and new PvP modes will follow in April and May. Details are to follow in the future.
We’ll tell you what the recently available multiplayer and co-op mode of Watch Dogs Legion has to offer here:
more on the subject
Was taugt Watch Dogs Legion Online?
Ubisoft still leaves unanswered what happens with Watch Dogs Legion after the crossover with Assassin’s Creed. At least until August, the London adventure of the Watch Dogs hackers is taken care of.