Game news We take stock of Hitman 3: gameplay, goals, new features
Agent 47 is back on duty in January 2021 to complete an adventure between him and the Providence Agency and their former employers. Hitman 3 wants to end the World of Assassination trilogy in style. IO Interactive is refining a “sandbox” formula that has proven itself without distorting it … and should delight the fans of this cold-blooded assassin.
- Hitman 3 is developed and published by the Danish studios IO Interactive.
- Hitman 3 will be released on January 20, 2021 on Google Stadia, Nintendo Switch, PC, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One and Xbox Series X / S.
- Hitman 3 can be played in streaming (cloud gaming) on Nintendo Switch.
- On PC, Hitman 3 is an exclusive Epic Games store when it launches.
- The Next Gen Update for the PlayStation 5 and Xbox series is free for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One players, regardless of whether they are physical or digital versions.
- The physical editions Standard and Deluxe are distributed in Europe.
- Standard Edition ($ 59.99 on PC / $ 69.99 on consoles).
- Deluxe Edition ($ 89.99). It contains exclusive content: escalation contracts, costumes, deluxe articles, the soundtrack, the book “World of Hitman” in digital format and a director’s commentary.
- Pre-orders give access to the “Trinity” package with 3 weapons, 3 suitcases and 3 costumes.
- This third episode is the conclusion of the “World of Assassination” trilogy that began in 2017 with Hitman.
- You play as Agent 47, an assassin who used to work for the Providence Agency and is now at war with his former employers.
- 6 new destinations are waiting for Agent 47, who will travel to the four corners of the world again:
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates)
- Dartmoor (United Kingdom)
- Berlin, Germany)
- Chongqing (China)
- Mendoza (Argentina)
- Carpathian Mountains (Romania)
- IO Interactive retains the “sandbox” philosophy of the previous episodes by multiplying the approaches and diagrams (scenarios) to eliminate the various goals and achieve certain secondary goals.
- The “stealth / concealment / infiltration” formula has hardly changed between Hitman 3 and its predecessors. Agent 47 can use his instincts, disguise himself, use many objects / weapons, cause accidents, hide bodies, etc.
- Among the new features, Agent 47 can use a camera to hack magnetic locks and gather clues.
- Hitman 3 also offers shortcuts within the levels to reward the curious.
- Different modes are available:
- Campaign: Complete the main adventure and the 6 missions that make it up.
- Ephemeral Targets: Hunt and eliminate a single target in challenges that dramatically reduce the resources for Agent 47.
- Escalations: Complete the required objectives while meeting the growing restrictions and bypassing additional complications as the mission progresses.
- Contracts: Create your own missions, complete them and share them with the community.
- Sniper Assassin: Eliminate one or more targets remotely without being spotted as you complete various challenges to increase its final score.
- Crowd technology now allows you to view and generate groups of up to 300 people (NPCs – non-player characters).
- IO Interactive’s in-house “Glacier” engine benefits from several improvements, including lighting and reflective effects.
- Hitman 3 runs in 4K at 60 frames / second on the PC (depending on the configuration).
- Hitman 3 does not offer a multiplayer mode.
- The servers in “Ghost” mode of Hitman 2 have been closed since the end of August 2020.
- Hitman 3 can be played in first-person VR exclusively on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 with PlayStation VR, but without PS Move.
- PS4 version is required to play in VR on PS5.
By Silent_Jay, Journalist igamesnews.com