Link to YouTube content
The release of Cyberpunk 2077 was accompanied by numerous problems. Not only was the version for the Playstation 4 and Xbox One virtually unplayable, there were also numerous problems in the form of bugs on the PC. Now the team from CD Projekt Red official position on the situation.
The studio didn’t release just one detailed blog entry about the state of the game, but also an approximately five-minute video that you can see at the beginning of the news. In it, Marcin Iwinski, co-founder of the developer studio, turns to the players and apologizes.
However, the focus is very much on the last-gen version, which our colleagues from GamePro even use issued a purchase warning. The deleted content such as the subway is not discussed. So it is currently unclear whether the features you want will make it into the game. Also on the AI problems criticized by some players
What’s next for Cyberpunk 2077?
The team uses a graphic to show the current plan for how the development of the game will now continue. After three hotfixes with updates 1.04, 1.05 and 1.06 were released at the end of 2020, the Bug fixes by 2022 continue.
When are the patches com ing?
What about the free DLC? The free DLCs should not appear until the biggest bugs have been fixed. The situation is similar with the upgrade from the last-gen version to the next-gen version for console gamers. This is currently planned for the second half of 2021.
We think that CD Projekt Red now has to change something in its course, and can no longer continue as before. We explain why in a podcast:
more on the subject
After Cyberpunk 2077, CD Projekt cannot just go on like this
How did the problems come about?
In a extensive FAQ the team goes into further questions, in which they mainly address the reasons for the problems with the last-gen version. We summarize the answers here.
- Where do the differences between PC and Last-Gen come from? The team states that they underestimated the effort involved in developing the console version. The focus was always on the PC version, but adjustments were made for the console version.
- What was the biggest problem with the consoles? According to the developer, the adaptation of the in-game streaming was the biggest hurdle in the development of the console versions. The speed of the hard drives on the old consoles was a particular problem here.
- Has the last-gen version not been tested? Here the studio explains that tests were indeed carried out, but the problems did not arise with them. According to their own statements, they were firmly convinced that the Day 0 patch was a good product.
- Why did the console reviews come later than the PC reviews? While the review codes for the PC version were sent out in the first week of December, those for the consoles were not sent until December 8th, and thus later than planned.
- Is there any crunch for the patches? The team should work according to CDPR without forced overtime. You explain that you want to avoid crunch.
- When is the game coming back to the Playstation Store? There is no exact date yet.
- What about the refund campaign? The first wave of refunds has already been sent.
We’ll show you how you can improve Cyberpunk 2077 yourself until the patches are released with a presentation of the currently best mods for the role-playing game. They not only work on performance, but also on things such as the handling of the vehicles.