After some rumors, last February we received official confirmation from Blizzard. Diablo II: Resurrected was announced as a remaster of the classic game at Blizzcon 2021 and will arrive later this year at Nintendo Switch and other platforms, although for now we do not have a more specific launch window.
The last we heard about this title is that we can use our old save files from the original game in this new version. In this way, if we have, for example, save files from the original version on PC, we can transfer them to the new version on PC and then, with the previously confirmed cross-save function between modern platforms, transfer it to Nintendo Switch.
Well, news about it comes to us and they are the following:
- Blizzard has confirmed that its first technical alpha for the game (for PC players) will begin this Friday and will run until April 12. It will give players access to Acts I and II and allow them to select the Amazon, Barbara, and Sorceress classes.
- In FAQ (frequently asked questions) on the same page, please confirm the following: console players will be included in future game tests (Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X y Xbox Series S), technical alpha is single player, the final version of the game «will allow offline play»In single player mode, it will include«old game cinematics»As placeholders, will not allow transfer of progress and does not allow import of save files
- Live broadcasts of the technical alpha will be broadcast via Twitch.tv and YouTube gaming this weekend.
Finally, we remind you of your premise and his trailer:
Diablo II: Resurrected is a remastered version of the great action role-playing classic Diablo® II. Pursue the mysterious dark wanderer and fight the denizens of hell as you investigate the fate of the greater demons, Diablo, Mephisto and Baal, now in up to 4K (2160p) on PC. Diablo II: Resurrected Features:
- Remastered graphics: monsters, heroes, objects, spells …
- Everything has risen. An epic story told over five different acts.
- Classic Mechanics – The very Diablo II you know and love, preserved.
- Improved compatibility with Battle.net.
- In the future we will incorporate cross progression so you can take your progress with you wherever you go.
- And much more!
Diablo II: Resurrected includes all the content from Diablo II and its fantastic expansion Diablo II: Lord of Destruction. Fight your way through icy caverns, gruesome tombs filled with monstrous undead, and icy wastelands until you reach the top of Mount Arreat to stop Baal, Lord of Destruction. Give hell some of its own medicine with Lord of Destruction’s two new classes: the cunning assassin, master of traps and shadow disciplines, and the savage druid, a fearless summoner and shape-shifter who masters primal elemental magic.
Diablo II: Resurrected is scheduled to release sometime in 2021.
What do you think?