A couple of weeks ago we informed you that a new title that would join the ever-expanding catalog of the Nintendo hybrid console this May. It was about The Bullet: Time of Revenge, a shooter dynamic that hit the Nintendo Switch hybrid console on May 7.
We remind you of its description and trailer:
Become a bullet – take out the bad guys with all kinds of weapons, exploring features like driving cars or tanks, piloting helicopters or a jet. There are many achievements and items to unlock with which you can spread the chaos in the city.
Well, we got a news related to him. Despite being a very cheap title The Bullet: Time of Revenge has caused quite a bit of upset among players since its launch. These are the reasons that have been shared:
- It turns out that this new release similar to Grand Theft Auto (bridging the gap) is what's known as a «Asset Flip", By which a developer can legally buy a pre-made asset pack (for other people), do nothing to change them except give it a new title, and launch it for a profit.
- In this case, the asset pack in question is known as Hammer 2 Reloaded
- The idea is that novice game developers can buy this to have a starting point and learn how to customize an already built world to make their own game. In this case, it seems that the developers have simply bought the pack and uploaded the game as their own. This is what Hammer 2 looks like:
- Surprisingly, this is not the first time this has happened; There have been numerous cases in the past where developers have purchased the Hammer 2 asset pack and released it under a new name, usually on Steam. Thanks to the license agreements found in these asset pack purchases, doing this is legal
- The game has caused discomfort among Nintendo fans and they have not hesitated to share it online with comments such as "the eShop is very close to becoming a clone of Steam" or "the eShop is already full of mobile ports and sovelware, ¡ And now we also have to screen the assets ?! ». Seeing such a release go through Nintendo's QA team seems sad to them, to say the least.
The Bullet: Time of Revenge it has a regular price of $ 4.50 / € 4.49, but currently it has an 11% discount, so you can get it for $ 4 / € 3.99 until May 14 and its download size is 212 MB.
What do you think of this situation?