Some media and players see the Steam Deck as a possible threat to Nintendo Switch. However, in a recent analysis offered by Kotaku on the situation, we have been able to know why in reality this Valve console would not be something dangerous for Nintendo Switch and its leadership in the market.
In the report, they point out some key points which would justify why Steam Deck would actually be a more closely related competitor to another market entirely rather than the Nintendo Switch. They are as follows:
- The potential buyers Steam Deck and Nintendo Switch are different or good coexistence
- This is due to the catalog of games available on each console
- The games available on Nintendo Switch and on Steam are very different from each other
- The best-selling Nintendo Switch games are exclusive titles of this console, so interested users will continue to buy the Nintendo console, something that we have already seen with the reservations of the OLED model
- Steam Deck should also earn the trust of those who view previous Valve cases like Steam Link and Steam Machines with suspicion.
- They add that Nintendo Switch is already fully installed on the market, many people already have it and it can be easily found in stores at a discounted price
- Talking about price, question whether the average person would actually spend more than $ 650 for the best version of Steam Deck
Finally, we must also bear in mind that Steam games and a wide range of titles available from PlayStation and Xbox to the console market with a different proposal and in parallel to Nintendo Switch, so it is likely that Nintendo’s hybrid console will not be affected by this launch.
What do you think? Do you see Steam Deck as a threat to Nintendo Switch? We read you in the comments.