Just in time for the holidays, DICE returns to Wake Island, perhaps the most famous map in Battlefield Franchise history. Interesting map will be released for free on Thursday, December 12th, as part of a recent review of War Crossing, Chapter 5: The Pacific War.
Wake Island made its debut with the E3 sign of the first game, Battlefield 1942 in 2002. Since then, the map has appeared in numerous Battlefield games, including Battlefield 1943, Battlefield 2, Warfield 3 and now, Battlefield V. More recently Mr. Warfield, Lars Gustavsson, recently discussed the history of Wake Island in a blog post that can be found here.
Warriors will be able to rediscover this iconic map with the same old design, but now with the look, sounds and features of Warfield V, including the game-changing combat mechanic. Wake Island will introduce the fastest action of corrupt mode and the most traditional Assault mode. It is certain that both modes of the game will offer standout action as the teams prepare to win their goal.
To help the military prepare for the war, the developers themselves put together some tips on how to guarantee victory on Wake Island, listed below:
- In the process of corruption, the attackers find the tanks in the first category, which the defenders do not have. If you attack, use this. Also, if you see security guards hiding in a hotel, take them down! Lawyers can build fortifications to protect this.
- Attackers can also find ways to destroy the hangar. Defenders must install tank traps immediately to prevent tanks from moving into the hangar.
- Some bunkers can be destroyed, some not. Defenders can use the tunnels that lead to the wrong catch in their position by creating a point.
- The latter category is the primary goal of requesting artillery reinforcement or rockets. Use them.
- Don't underestimate the small boats! They are fast, old and ready to be filled.