Most people use Windows as the operating system on their PC, and what a VPN will do is protect them from any kind of anonymity threat that should be prevalent on the network, which is not always the case. respected.
What is a VPN and what is it for?
VPN means Virtual private network (Virtual private network). Once we’ve translated it, we’ll do better to localize the name and see a little more clearly where the shots go.
When we connect to the Internet, it is normal to do so with a router that a provider has installed in our house. Well, what this router or modem does is assign an IP address to every device that connects to it, say a computer, which means that such an address unambiguously identifies that device and does not put any type limit or filter, so it might be visible to others.
If we connect a VPN for Windows, this computer becomes part of an encrypted tunnel in which the data is hidden and anyone who wants to access it will find a wall.
Therefore, when we want to remain anonymous and not be vulnerable and visible to others, it is best to have a secure VPN handy. We are convinced that one of the best possibilities we have today is Surfshark.
Surfshark VPN: many advantages
Surfshark is a VPN that gives us confidentiality, security, speed and reliability for all the times when we want to use this system on any device, but with special relevance to our Windows PC, because this is what we use the most when we want to surf the net.
This VPN gives us over 800 servers from 50 different countries, in addition to a few other benefits.
- The security This is one of its main strengths, as it is a VPN where they take care of this very important part of any type of network that we access in detail.
- The speed This is another reason why we chose Surfshark as a great option to be our VPN, as we won’t notice a big difference in speed compared to browsing without a VPN.
- Surfshark VPN currently has two of the main tunneling protocols like OpenVPN and IKEv2. But it also has Transpor Layer Security, SSH or Wireguard, among others.
- It’s a perfect VPN to watch services like Netflix or for use with torrent programs, because we can get a lot out of both things.
- It will also help us to enter web pages that are suspended in our country for one reason or another.
It is very easy to use Surfshark on Windows
The ease with which we will be able to use Surfshark VPN on our Windows computer will surprise more than one, because we will only have to do the following:
- Create an account from Surfshark to connect our Windows computer or any devices we want, since it is compatible with the main systems currently in use.
- Once we are connected, we downloaded the Surfshark program for Windows and we install.
- Now we run such software and we just have to select the Optimal location or choose one country server that we want.
At that point everything will kick in and we won’t have anything else to do, just enjoy our Surfshark VPN with the complete belief that we will be protected and have all the speed we need.
Surfshark offers us the possibility of contracting its VPN service under three different types of terms.
- Monthly: in which we will have to pay 10.99 dollars for each month, yes, if we do not want to continue with the service from one month to another, we can unsubscribe without problems.
- 6 months: We can buy a subscription for 6 months, which means it will cost us 5.51 dollars per month.
- 24 months: The best option is to pay 24 months, because it is at a really low and economical price of 2.11 dollars per month. Plus, this plan is fully refundable for the first 30 days of use.