Google announced Android 12 at its Google I / O developer conference, and while the new mobile operating system doesn’t arrive until the end of the year, you can already install the first beta on several models.
The company sometimes limits beta versions to its Pixel phones, but this year you can get it on other devices like OnePlus, Asus, Xiaomi, among others. The method is somewhat different, but in this article we will tell you what to do.
Before continuing, it should be remembered that like any beta software, it is not advisable to install it on your primary mobile, as it might contain bugs and even damage the device. Some OnePlus and Xiaomi users are having issues.
Which mobiles are compatible with Android 12 Beta 1?
Here is the complete list of mobiles on which you can install Android 12 Beta 1:
How to install Android 12 beta on Pixel mobiles
As expected, Pixel phones are the first to get Android 12 and install the beta, in this case it’s pretty straightforward. Follow the steps below to download and install it in no time.
1. Go to the Android Beta program website and make sure that you are signed in with your Google account.
2. Scroll down to the “Program Eligible Devices” section.
3. Select the device on which you want to install Android 12.
4. Read the terms and conditions, tick the appropriate boxes, then click “Confirm and register”.
5. On your mobile, go to “Settings”, then “System”, “Advanced”, “Update system” and “Check for updates”.
If you want to stop using the beta version, you must return to the Android Beta program website and unsubscribe from the “Devices suitable for the program” section.
How to install Android 12 beta on non-Pixel mobiles
As we have already said, the method is a little different for the mobiles which were not manufactured directly by Google. In general, you will have to go to the site of the manufacturer in question to obtain this beta version.
1. Access this Android Beta page both on your mobile (to download) and on another (to follow the instructions).
2. Slide your finger down and select the manufacturer of your mobile.
3. Follow the specific instructions on the screen.