The launch of the PS5 is certainly exciting in the world of video games, as it ushers in a new generation of gaming enhanced by Sony’s powerful new console and innovative DualSense controller.
There are a ton of new exclusive PS5 games on the way, but what if you want to play them when you are commuting to work or even vacationing in another country? The PS5 is a big device, as we all know, so it’s not really easy to transport it from one place to another.
La respuesta es Remote Play, una función que Sony ofrece tanto a los usuarios de PS4 como de PS5, y que permite jugar a los últimos títulos de PS5 desde tu iPhone or Android, e incluso puedes conectar tu mando DualSense para completar la experiencia de juego on the step.
Here we tell you everything you need to know to play PS5 games on iPhone or Android.
How to connect the DualSense remote control to your smartphone
Before you dive into the latest and greatest PS5 games on your smartphone, you will first need to pair your DualSense controller.
Technically not necessary for gaming, as Sony provides a touchscreen overlay with access to all DualSense buttons and triggers, but it’s a tedious process, so a controller is your best bet.
It’s also worth noting that if the new DualSense controller is specifically needed to play PS5 titles on the console, a DualShock 4 can be used to play new titles via Remote Play.
With this in mind, we explain how to connect your DualSense (or DualShock 4) remote control to your smartphone:
- Open the ‘Settings’ app on your smartphone and touch the Bluetooth menu.
On your DualSense controller, hold down the PlayStation button and the “Create” button.
- (Share on DS4) to enter pairing mode. You will know it once it is activated by the flashing LEDs.
- In you smartphone, tap the DualSense controller in the list of available devices to start pairing.
- After a few seconds, the DualSense controller should successfully connect to your smartphone, ready to use.
Play PS5 games on an iPhone or Android
Of course there is no smartphone which can run PS5 games natively, so you will have to turn to Sony’s remote play feature, which allows you to stream the game from your PS5 to your smartphone
We recommend that you connect your PS5 to the internet via Ethernet for a faster and more stable connection, and make sure your smartphone is connected to Wi-Fi or 5G for the best gaming experience. diffusion.
With that clarified, we explain how to play PS5 games on your iPhone or Android with PS5 Remote Play.
In you PS5:
- Go to ‘Settings> System> Remote play’ and confirm that the ‘Enable remote play’ option is enabled.
- Go to “System> Power saving> Features available in standby mode” and make sure that “Stay connected to the Internet” and “Turn on PS5 power supply from network” are enabled.
In you smartphone:
- Download the PS Remote Play app for iOS or Android.
- Tap “ Sign in to PSN ” and sign in with the PSN username and password associated with your PS5.
- When asked which console you want to connect to, press “PS5”. If you have an iPhone with iOS 14, please allow the app to access your local network through the pop-up window.
- Wait you smartphone find and sign in to your console.
You are now ready to play PS5 games on your smartphone!