PlayStation VR is still one of the cheapest VR headsets on the market, delivering deep VR experiences, but as long as you’re using your PS4 or PS5 consoles.
Not all of the best VR games are released for PSVR, however. If you have a PlayStation and a gaming PC for gaming, be aware that it is possible to use virtual reality glasses also on a Windows PC platform.
While you obviously can’t play the same video game titles and won’t be able to get the most out of PS Move controllers, you should be able to enjoy VR games that offer keyboard and mouse support. / controller.
Either way, it’s worth a try, especially if any of your favorite games support VR. Here’s how to set up and use PlayStation VR on your PC.
How to use PlayStation VR on a PC
The first step to using PlayStation VR on your PC is to download and install RVSR trip, he Software third party that allows your PC and the PSVR headset to talk to each other.
- Go to the website of RV travel and click “Download Trinus PSVR” to download the driver.
- Run the Trinus PSVR installer and follow the on-screen instructions to install the Software.
Once Trinus PSVR is installed on your PC, the next step is to connect the headphones and adjust the resolution settings (PSVR works best at 1080p), so you need to make sure that the screen output matches this.
- Connect the HDMI cable to the PS4 HDMI port of the PSVR processing unit.
- Plug the other end of the HDMI cable into the HDMI port on your PC’s GPU. If you only have DisplayPort, you can use an HDMI to DisplayPort adapter. On Amazon you will find it in Amazon for only 9 $.
- Connect one end of the USB cable to the processing unit and the other to your PC, a USB 3.0 port if possible.
- Connect your PSVR headset to the processing unit and finally connect the power cable to the power outlet.
- Press the cable’s power button to turn on the headset. The PC should then recognize the handset as a second screen.
- On the PC, you need to go to ‘Settings> System> Display’ and, under the shared screens, select ‘Extend these screens’.
- In the resolution, select the value of 1920 x 1080.
- Click on “Apply”.
Now that your PlayStation VR headset is connected to your PC, it’s time to set up Trinus PSVR and Steam VR to play your favorite Steam Games games.
- Click on Trinus PSVR from the Start menu (or on the desktop) and select “Run” as administrator.
- Click on Install. Trinus PSVR should then automatically find the Steam library.
- Click the main tab, select the drop-down menu next to PSVR in “ View ” and select View 1.
- Click the drop-down menu next to PSVR Mode and select VR. It should be noted that if you want to play standard 2D games in virtual reality, you can select the “Cinematic” mode.
- Click the “Assign” button next to “Reset View” to bind a key on your keyboard and reset your view in PSVR. Unlike the PlayStation, there is no camera to capture motion information, so everything comes from internal sensors that can get tracking.
- If you want to be able to zoom in while in game using the mouse scroll wheel, make sure the “Use mouse wheel” checkbox is checked.
- Make sure your PSVR is on a flat surface before clicking “Start” to begin the calibration.
- Right click on the Steam icon in the “Start” menu or on the desktop and click on “Run as administrator”.
- Select the virtual reality icon.
- Click on “Run Room Setup> Standing Only> Next> Calibrate Center> Next> and enter your height in cm in the height field”. Then click on “Calibrate Floor> Next> Done”.
- If you are successful, you should see the SteamVR Home pop-up on your screen in split view, ready for your PSVR headset. Make sure the window is highlighted and press “Windows + Shift + Right Arrow” to move the window to the headset.
From this point on, you should be able to play any Steam VR game that supports keyboard and mouse. You may not be able to physically move or interact with the surroundings like you would with HTC Vive or with a headset like the Oculus Quest 2.
However, you will save yourself the trouble of buying a second headset to use with your PC. We all wish this setup would become much easier when Sony decides to release the new version of its Playstation vr 2.
Take a look at the article on best virtual reality headsets.