As a good WHQL driver, this new version of the 441.87 WHQL includes a series of upgrades and support and in the case of a driver introduced in mid-CES 2020, this one comes with many new features.
To start with the best support of Monster Hunter World: Iceborne, Light Memory: Infinite and the latest version of Earthquake II RTX.
NVIDIA GeForce 441.87 WHQL drivers: three new features and some bug fixes
This new driver introduces a series of new features as well as a redesign of one we've already seen, tested and analyzed as Image Sharpening. New features included are Maximu Frame Rate and Variate Rate Super Sampling.
Large Frame Scale
This new feature comes as a new configuration to limit the maximum frame rate represented in any game or 3D applications. According to NVIDIA, it helps save energy, slow down the latency system or sync our screen with G-SYNC, so it keeps us in a reasonable measure of refreshment.
We can access this feature from the NVIDIA control panel -> Manage 3D settings-> Ratex Rate.
Variable Stage Super Stages
It is a new way to improve image quality in virtual reality games. VRS has already seen you through the Test presentation, but now NVIDIA takes it to the VR world, so they are able to use up to 8x power at the center of the glass screen, where each eye is focused.
This will only happen if the GPU has enough power to use it and is able to maintain the optimized FPS, thus guaranteeing a real-time virtual reality experience. It currently offers support for over 20 VR games and we can use it in NVIDIA control pan -> Manage 3D settings -> Various Rate Super Sampling.
Image Display Development
Image-sharp technology is warmly welcomed by the public, since the sharpness of the game is always appreciated especially when it's at zero cost. NVIDIA with this driver has upgraded this feature as well, giving us the option to change the GPU rating whether we have the feature enabled or not.
As in previous versions, we can find you from the NVIDIA control panel -> Manage 3D settings -> View images.
New NVIDIA Fredown filter
NVIDIA has introduced a new Splitscreen filter that allows us to display screenshots or videos of our creation, be able to split the screen, display side-by-side comparisons or integrate filters with a gradient function.
17 new monitors and display compatible with G-SYNC Compatible
As if that's not enough, NVIDIA has added these drivers support for new BFGD gaming monitors and screens, where LG's TV range receives up to 5 new models with the support of this driver.
Fixes on these 441.87 WHQL
- (Red Redemption 2) (Vulkan): Image stabilization support is enhanced with Red Redanong 2 in Vulkan mode.
- (Strange Brigade – Vulkan) (SLI) (G-SYNC)
Known Issues in Windows 7
- (Battlefield World: The Battle of Azeroth) (DirectX 12): Game crash when switching from DirectX 11 mode to DirectX 12 mode.
Known Issues in Windows 10
- (Tom Clancy's Rainband Six Siege) (Vulkan) (G-SYNC): When playing with G-SYNC enabled Vulkan mode, blurring occurs after switching between full screen and window mode. To prevent this, disable G-SYNC or play using the API other than Vulkan.
- (Doom (2016)) (GPU GeForce 600/700 series): A game crash.
- (Warye) (Low latency mode)Background applications can be turned off when starting other BattlEye games with low latency mode set to Ultra.
- (Wolfenstein Youngblood) (SLI): Depreciation is possible when using 2-SLI mode.
- (Red Redemption 2) (Vulkan) (SLI): The benchmark is locked when playing in Vulkan mode with SLI enabled and graphics settings set to Ultra.
And all the news for these new drivers 441.87 WHQL. As always, we recommend that you remove the one you currently have on your system using DDU by following our guide. You can download these new drivers by following the following link on the official NVIDIA website.