Apex Legends, EA and Respawn Entertainment’s award-winning Battle Royale, is back with its biggest update. Starting today, everyone can jump into Apex Legends: Legacy and experience a whole new way to play beyond the traditional gameplay of the genre, with the new permanent 3v3 mode where there is no room for luck.
Also joining the Apex Games is the new Valkyrie Legend, whose jetpack will help players dominate the air, raining missiles on enemies. For its part, the new high precision Bocek compound bow will separate predators from prey. You can also explore the newly updated map of Olympus, which is being strangled by a plague of nature. With the Legacy Battle Pass, fans can dress up in the latest legendary skins, which can be seen in the trailer below:
Additionally, Respawn has posted the patch notes for a full breakdown of what’s new in Apex Legends: Legacy. Visit the official blog here
- Arenas – A permanent 3v3 game mode in which the objective is to win three rounds without dropping your opponent more than one round, or to continue until one team leads by two rounds. Win or lose, each round starts over with basic gear and some materials to spend on weapons and upgrades. Matches take place on five maps, some in familiar locations and some in new ones. In Arenas, players will battle in existing BR locations, from Kings Canyon, World’s End, and Olympus, as well as two custom maps, Party Crasher and Phase Runner, with more to come.
- New Legend: Valkyrie – Unleash a swarm of missiles to damage and disorient the enemy, or if things get too hot, use Valkyrie’s ultimate ability to make a quick escape into the sky, bringing her entire squad with her if she breaks down. they hook. This legend enters the game with something to prove and ready to rain death from on high.
- New Weapon: Bocek – A powerful and deadly new weapon capable of dealing tremendous damage at medium range is also entering games. The Arch of Bocek is not an ancient relic; Players can increase their effectiveness with two upgrade slots: the Deadeye’s Tempo, which allows for faster firing, while the Shatter Caps causes arrows to explode when fired. Both slots can be used at the same time to truly terrorize enemy squads.
- Olympus Map Update – A rogue fleet of ships from outer space has breached the atmosphere of Psamathe, and a ship called The Icarus has landed on Olympus bringing with it a slimy parasitic plant of unknown origin. New drop locations and modified sight lines alter the game for players across the map.
- Battle Pass – The Legacy Battle Pass will offer unique rewards such as Apex Packs, XP Boosts and skins; Skins like Rampart’s Crafty Kitsune or Wraith’s Legendary Demon’s Whisper will make players look their best while out-cunning their opponents. At level 100, players unlock the Legendary Reactive Bound in Bone Devotion with many other exciting rewards along the way: Music Packs, Loading Screens, Drop Emotes, Quips, and more.
- Ranked – World’s Edge is back for the first split ending, while the second split takes the competition to Olympus, where it will take place for the rest of the season. During the past stage, there was a healthy trend of players reaching higher ranks and pushing personal records, which has led to better quality and quantity of games, so the main ranking systems and RP will remain the same.
Get ready to soar through the skies with Valkyrie today as Apex Legends: Legacy is available now on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X | S, Nintendo Switch, and PC via Origin and Steam!