Open ports on PS4 for better internet connection
When we look at it today, having the Internet is as common as it is necessary. We are no longer accustomed to a life where we can access all information. And most of all, in a life where video games are out of our hands it's simply a simple download to our console. Or be able to enjoy the lots of fun games with our friends
But Internet connectivity also presents some problems. Especially if it seems to be slower than usual or not quite as effective as it should be, with NAT one of the most common headaches. What is NAT? Its name is Network Address Translation and, in short, is a solution that allows multiple computers to communicate with the Internet using the same IP address.
There are many NAT types and, even though we now know better, that's not telling us how to do better. And while one of the most effective solutions is to have a network cable connected directly to the console, it's nice to know how to open ports. better communication.
Steps to follow to know which ports to unlock on PS4
First we will teach you the steps you must follow to open ports on the router, then to show step by step steps you can make in the console
Steps to follow on the router:
- The first thing you will have to do find the IP address of your router
- Look for an optionLocal communication"Or" Wireless adapter "and replace the router address that will be something like" 192.168.X.X ".
- Type your router's address into the browser.
- Now you should look for an option called DMZ that can be in the WAN or Security issue.
- Here you will need to enter the IP of your console following the order "192.168.1.X" to replace the X with the number you want, even though we recommend it higher. Like, for example, "192.168.1.100".
- Now save the settings and touch the time step by step on the console.
Steps to follow in the console
- First, you will have to log in "Justification"
- Then go to "Network" and enter the "Configure" option.
- In this case you will have to establish your Wi-Fi or LAN connection depending on the connection you are using.
- But to opt-out, you have to click "Customize”And then select the“ Manual ”option.
- Here you will need to enter the IP of your selected console before the router configuration.
- In the netmask you must store the number "255.255.255.0" and the gateway will be the router's address, for example "192.168.1.1".
- As for DNS, we find something that tastes good and comfortable. Many decide to save Default company DNS. In many cases Google is often used, namely: "18.104.22.168" and "22.214.171.124".
- Finally, in "MTU Settings" select the default option, and then the console will perform an online test.