On April 14, 2021, the first major update for the PS5 console will arrive. Many users around the world were waiting for this to happen so that Sony would correct some of the inconvenience of using their machine and add new functions.
These are the news that this update will bring.
Storing PS5 games on external USB drives
Thanks to this update, we will finally be able to move PS5 games to extended USB storage from your console’s internal disk. It’s a great way to expand your console’s storage capacity.
Of course, keep in mind that PS5 games are designed to take advantage of the console’s high-speed SSD, so they cannot be played on extended USB storage
New social features for PS4 and PS5
PS4 and PS5 players be able to use intergenerational Share Play together while chatting in groups. Thanks to this, users of PS5 consoles will be able to make their friends see their game screens or test the games through Share Play even if they play on PS4 and vice versa.
Thanks to the April 14 update, we will also be able to submit requests to join a game session to friends who play on a PS4 from PS5 or vice versa.
Improved customization and control options
- The Game Base menu will be improved so that you can access important content and functions more quickly.
- We can deactivate the chat of the game or adjust the volume of the players.
- Game updates will be pre-downloaded to the console if the “automatic updates” setting is enabled and the console is on or in sleep mode.
- The game library can be customized to make our titles easier to find.
- We can adjust the magnification (zoom) of the screen in the Settings menu.
- New trophy settings and statistics screen.
New PlayStation App Features
The update will not only be for PS5, new features will also arrive to the PlayStation App. Soon they will offer the possibility to join a multiplayer session on PS5 from the application, manage the storage of the console, compare collections of trophies with friends and sort and filter the trophies. games on PlayStation Store.
By the way, have you already met what the PS5 PS VR controls will be like?
Fountain: official PlayStation blog