The latest Watch Dogs: Legion patch offers a 60fps mode on current generation consoles.
Ubisoft officially released Watch Dog: Legion Title Update 4.5 today, introducing a second tactical operation, a new free reward track for online play, and a 60fps performance mode on current-gen consoles, among other enhancements.
Today also marks the arrival of Watch Dogs: Legion of the Dead alpha on PC, bringing zombies to dystopian London. Despite the sheer reach of that alpha, today’s title update 4.5 is just as massive: it clocks in between 16GB and 39GB depending on its platform. The 60fps boost on Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5 might be the most exciting, though there’s plenty of free content that might be of interest as well.
Before discussing all the free content and performance updates, the latest Watch Dogs: Legion patch notes first talk about the new Tactical Op, dubbed Project Omni.
“Take on this intense and challenging content with 3 other players,” said Ubisoft. “DedSec infiltrates a secret project that is affecting people’s Optik devices throughout the city… only to find that a mad doctor has been experimenting with people and has fused their brains with a neural network that he controls. It must be stopped ”.
Title Update 4.5 is now live on all platforms!
– New Online mode content
– Watch Dogs: Legion of the Dead PC Alpha
– Helen is coming on June 15!
— Watch Dogs: Legion (@watchdogsgame) June 1, 2021
The full patch notes are incredibly long, but here are some of the highlights:
- 60fps performance mode for next-gen consoles.
- Family play is now enabled. Xbox One and Xbox Series X / S players, as well as PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5, now
- they can play together within their family of consoles.
- Added loading screen suggestions for HUD customization options.
- We have made several adjustments and optimizations at the start of the single player campaign. This will speed up some of the initial areas and make it easier
- may new players find their place in our near future London.
- Free Operative (Helen) will be available on June 15th.
- The Season 2 bounty track features 80 ranks and is “much more influential” than Season 1.
- The difficulty of Co-op Missions has been slightly reduced.
Beyond those changes, Ubisoft has also issued dozens of bug fixes across all platforms.